Well it has happened!
The first ready for primetime release of DVD-lab
Here is the link:
http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/index.html
You can download it here:
http://www.mediachance.com/download.htm
Have fun!![]()
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 30 of 47
-
-
Does this software let you create multiple title sets (for mixing files with different frame sizes and bit rates)?
I don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
Is it something I'm doing wrong or doesn't the build in Audio Transcoder not work? It says "Can't access file" , that is the outputfile.
Anyone else had this problem? -
Nope..not yet. Multiple VTS files haven't been incorporated yet..
As to the audio transcode hde. I posted over on the forums for MediaChance in response to the PM you sent me and some things I've seen over there. Like I had mentioned I use external programs to transcode, usually from the PCM Wav file to either ac3 or mp2.
I can recommend going over to the forums there and seeing if either if the developers are aware of the problem, it has been re-introduced from an earlier version OR someone may have a fix for it that I am unaware of!
Sorry I can't offer more help! -
Does any body have problems , with button size and location in the finished, product, Look Fine when making menu, but when out put the buttons are too big and not placed correctly
-
Downloaded and tried version 1.1. For me, the same problem as in previous beta releases--stuttering video and audio. Apparently, I'm not alone since others have reported similar problems in their forum. I'm using very short video clips that were encoded using CCE Basic (I've also tried the same clips using MainConcept with the same results.) The resulting elementary streams can be authored perfectly in both Tempgen's DVD Author and Ifoedit. Hopefully, this basic issue will be resolved since the menu authoring capabilities seem pretty neat.
Incidentally, you can input files having different frame sizes (e.g. Full & half D1), although it gives you a warning that they may not work on certain DVD players.
wwaag -
I was wondering if there were any plans for multiple audio streams? If so, when? Thanks.
P.S. I have tried the program and was bery happy with the menu creation. Unfortunately, the audio and video went out of sync at the end of the DVD, but I believe that may be the fault of the software I used to cut-up and encode the last video clip. -
I tried the beta versions but up to the last beta it had problems when importing SVCD mpeg files. It started to de-mux them went to 100% and started sampling rate conversion of the audio. But in fact it only had demuxed only a few minutes (the size was random in each run) of the file. Many other people experienced the same thing and I'm wondering if it is finally fixed in 1.1
-
Not the answer you are hoping but if you create the VOB files with IFOedit and then import them into DVDlab without demuxing them, you can create a menu and the VOBs are not touched (only they are put together without remux), so maybe the final DVD will have good looking video/audio (created with IFOedit) and great looking menus (created with DVDlab/Menustudio).Originally Posted by wwaag
-
[quote="dvdnew"]
Would this technique allow the creation of seperate title sets (if you process vob's seperately in IFOEdit)?Originally Posted by wwaagI don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
Tried your suggestion and it worked. Created VOB files with Ifoedit and then did the import. Played fine. For grins, I added the original m2v and mp2 elementary stream files as an additional movie. DVDlab combined them into a single VOB file. The imported portion from Ifoedit played fine--the portion created within DVDlab from the mpg files stuttered (both audio and video) as before.Originally Posted by "dvdnew
To me it is clear that there is definitely some wrong in DVDlab's basic mux processing.
While this is a "workaround", it's really not a practical solution. Hopefully, this issue will be addressed since I really do like the menu authoring capabilities.
wwaag -
I finally got around to downloading the demo. To my surprise, you can mix files with different frame sizes and bit rates and the software dosn't seem to mind (at least in a quick test I did)!!!Originally Posted by leebo
This makes different title sets un-necessary for my purposes.
The menu creation blows TMPEGEnc DVD authoring program out of the water (though I do wish you could make motion menus and buttons).
I may actually buy this.I don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
Take a look at the website for tips on creating motion menu's
Tips and TricksVisit my HomePage http://www.epiphany.nl -
Thank you.
I didn't bother looking there first because motion menus was not listed under features.
Its not as easy as programs that automate the process, but it looks like it works, and this program does things with menus that other programs dont.
Thanks again.I don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
Does anyone know how the download version works? Is it still a 30 day? No restrictions on doing a full disk or watermark???? I'm almost certainly going to buy the program, but I wanted to try some stuff this weekend and didn't want to have to do it twice when I get the purchased version.
-
if it is your first time installing the program, then you will have 30 days to try it without restrictions. you can choose to purchase it at any time and you do not have to download it again.
-
I think the muxer in DVDlab (not coded by Oscar) is too strict, Oscar posted in the forums that he will try to add a "relaxed" muxer as an option to a future version, so as you said, hopefully this issue will be addressed in the next release.Originally Posted by wwaag
-
It only create one title set, so it depends in the player because you can add different frame sizes to the movies but will be joined in a single VTS_01_x.VOB set.Originally Posted by leebo
-
Right. So for my needs, this is great. I don't really need seperate title sets as long as I can mix different frame sizes.Originally Posted by dvdnewI don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
Here's another question:
Since you cannot create fancy text in this program, I'll have to use another app.
So how do I create a subpicture to go over my text (to use as a link)? A subpicture that perfectly conforms to my text, that is.
I realize I can just create a rectangle over the text, but what if I want it to match my text exactly?I don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
what do you mean by "fancy text"?
- housepig
----------------
Housepig Records
out now:
Various Artists "Six Doors"
Unicorn "Playing With Light" -
I am reserving judgment. I tried to burn a sample DVD with imported VOB file...but it apparently won't import them directly. (Indeed, many so-called DVD authoring programs seem to lack this ability.) I emailed the creator, and he seemed to confirm this problem. The program expects just about anything BUT vob files, as far as I can tell.
I am having better luck with Ulead Movie Factory 2, as it does support vob and seems rather easy to use so far.
I'll be watching the forums for more info and updates!
Laurel and Hardy rule! -
The program only allows the use of whatever system fonts are installed on your computer (as far as I can see).
Other authoring programs, like DVD Wkshop et al, have 3D fonts, fancy fonts, etc.
With DVD-Lab, I can make my menu programs in Photoshop, then make the subpictures (for linking to files and chapters) in DVD-Lab. But I don't know that it's possible to make the sub-pics shaped exactly like the text so it looks more professional.
The same is true for motion menus. DVD-Lab does not allow making buttons for motion menus - you have to do that when you create the clip for the motion menu, and make the subs in DVD-Lab.I don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
Try this as a test:Originally Posted by jimkis
Change the VOB extension to mpg and see if the program notices.I don't have a bad attitude...
Life has a bad attitude! -
been playing around with this for a while but need help. I tried importing vobs file directly and it takes it but the thing is, i want to import the whole folder. for instance, i have two small movies, about 2gigs each in its own video_ts folder and i want to import them into dvd-lab. but it only takes one vob file, like for "Movie 1". if i try to shift+select mulptiple vobs, it won't let me and if i try to add more than one vob file into the "Movie 1", it won't let me. should i join all the vobs using vobedit into one big file and then add it into dvdlab? or is there another way of doing this?
-
I've been having problems in transferring svcd's. Everytime I play them on my Pioneer DVD player the pictures is on the left hand side.
I think this problem only occurs on Pioneer's.
Any help.
-
shibli: Read this https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157353 . SVCD2DVDMPG has a "fix" for it.
-
When you did this test? The release version is supossed to handle VOB files without problems, I just imported some VOBs and DVDlab only joined them in a final VTS_01_1.VOB file, no demux/remux.Originally Posted by jimkis
Previous releases won't handle VOBs, later they handle them but only to demux them before using the video/audio, but version 1.1 (release) can work with VOBs without demux/remux them in the final project.
Some people create the VOBs with IFOedit and then use DVDlab for the menu creation, because sometimes DVDlab can't handle some files and the final output have issues. -
I tried to put Vobs in DVDLab and it works but I put vobs with 2 AC3 audio and 2 subtitles and only one of each came out.
I set the "No demux" flag.
Anyone know hot to keep them ?
Thank
Riccardom
Similar Threads
-
BDFree freeware released, decrypt Blu-ray/DVD - free alternative to anydvd
By bdfree in forum Newbie / General discussionsReplies: 23Last Post: 28th Sep 2012, 10:25 -
Toshiba XD-E500 Upconverting DVD Player Released Today
By ejai in forum Latest Video NewsReplies: 8Last Post: 25th Aug 2008, 00:38 -
dvd lab pro 2
By m baqar in forum Authoring (DVD)Replies: 6Last Post: 7th May 2008, 01:39 -
DVD Lab Help!
By ardiani in forum Newbie / General discussionsReplies: 14Last Post: 25th May 2007, 07:52



Quote