VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

i just encoded a movie using the kvcd template PAL-Plus (352x576) in TmpgEnc and it fits as system stream perfectly a CD-R including 128kbit Audio.

After this I opened the .mpg in VCDeasy. I choosed VCD 2.0 and VCDeasy tells me that this kind of size does not fit any VCD standards and if i still want to continue, I choosed YES.

I made chapters every 5min and started VCDeasy to create my disk-image (cue+bin).

I burned this Image with Nero using Image burning.

Now, when I play the K-VCD disk with my standalone DVD player (Its a MEDIENCOM DC8302 and the compatibility chart of this forum says that this player supports XVCDs) the audio is perfect and also I can directly access the chapters but the Picture is horrible!!! Its totally flickering in red and green.

I also made this experience when I wanted to author a Xsvcd using 768x576 as size and standard 2500kbit as bitrate. The same flickering happened!

Does anyone have a soultion to this????

(( Markus
    Quote Quote  
  2. Go to the www.kvcd.net web site. he has two programs tha will correct most if not all your problems. One is called MovieStacker...this will create a perfect AVS file with all the filters you may need. The other one is TOK which will do all the predictions for the including the audio and automaticly process teh complete process inlcuidng TMPGEnc. I use these and get great results all the time. I just completed Analyze That (96 Min) used a NTSC 352x480 template with some filtering and the total size came out at 800,000 MB, fit perfectly on 80 Min CD. My complete process is (1) Rip with DVDecrypter (Movie Only), use HeadAC3 to create a 112 Bit Mp2 audio file, MovieStacker to create the AVS file and TOK to process and put it all back in place, total time was 4 hours. Hope this helps

Bud
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by incredible
    I also made this experience when I wanted to author a Xsvcd using 768x576 as size and standard 2500kbit as bitrate.
    You may be finding what some people have been saying about KVCD's, they are outside of VCD or SVCD specs. and will not work on some machines. I am unaware of 768x576 being any type of standard resolution. You might find more direct support at the KVCD website though.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote