VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a vid which is in a bin/cue , it is a svcd. The problem i have is, my dvd player doesnt play svcds, but they work when i do the vcd header trick on the svcds.

I need to be able to create/extract the svcd/ mpeg-2 file from the bin/cue files. I have had a go with vcdgear but the resulting mpeg-2 file wont play or load in TMPGEnc??

Can anyone help or point in the right direction!! thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's possible your file is corrupted. Can it play in your software dvd player (i.e. windows media, power dvd, etc.)? Load it into avicodec and see what info you get on the file. It sounds like your dealing with a downloaded video which may not have an audio or video file associated with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    download a free product called DAEMON Tools. You can mount bin/cue in a virutal CDROM drive. Useful for testing files before burning (CD or DVD doesn't matter). You can then mount the file, and open it in whatever program you need. There is a difference between copying the MPG file and ripping the MPG file.

Alternately, ISOBUSTER can do the same thing, then you can copy the file out or rip it out.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  4. still ahving probs. when i burn the bin/cue file to svcd it plays on software but if i load it into anythying like gspot the prog stops running???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try avicodec which supports mpg files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok i used the DAEMON Tools to mount bin/cue in a virutal CDROM drive, and then loaded the mpeg into avicodec and it loads ok: it says

File : 797 Mb (1.3 Gb), duration 0:54:00, type MPG, 1 audio stream(s), quality 88 %

Video : 973 Mb, 2520 Kbps, 29.970 fps, res. 480*480 (16:9), MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD), Supported

Audio : 86 Mb, 224 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 chan., 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

Does this help???
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    use vcdeasy to rip the mpg,it removes the riff header and lets u use it properly
    Quote Quote