VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My problem is this: I have tried several times to convert some AVI files I have to MPG so I can play them on my DVD player.

I have done it sucessfully however the movie is always too tall/wide (I know this because the movie has subtitles).

--------

The setting I used is:

NTSC 4:3 525 lines
    non-interlaced
    Full Screen: (keep aspect ratio)

--------

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the movie keeps turning out too big on my TV?

I'll give more details if necessary. Thank you.

Basically what I'm looking for are the right settings for the TMPGEncoder to create a VCD that will display at the proper size on my TV.

The default settings given in the html guide on this site is the setting I am using and is incorrect. Thanks again for your help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RayGamer on 2001-09-18 21:13:49 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  2. It depends on the aspect ratio of your original video. If it is wide screen, then in TMPGEnc (the Advanced tab), make sure you select the source video aspect ratio to 16:9 instead of NTSC 4:3 525 lines.
    And watch out for the interlace setting too. Again, this depends on your source video !!!

ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply ktnwin. ^_^ Well, Something of a minor success for me today, I was able to make it work by changing the aspect ratio to 16:9. I can't believe I overlooked that.

Well, now I need to figure out how to reduce the wideness of the video while maintaining the tallness... hmm... if anyone eles has any ideas please let me know, but don't sweat it too much because I should figure it out eventually.

By the way, nice quote ktnwin. ^_^ Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Glad that it works for you.
    That's what this great site is about.

ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote