VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yesterday I finaly recieved my Pioneer DVR-A05, I put it in my computer and turned it on. Windows xp detected immediatlyand installed it. Then I installed Instant copy 6.5 to see what it was like. I didnt like it so I unistalled it, restarted my computer and then to my horror both my DVD rom drive and my pioneer didnt appear in the my computer devices section. I have reinstalled the windows ASPI drivers but it still comes up with the same error 'Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)'.

can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    double check your connections, or unplugg and replug in the device. See what that does.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried every different combination of pluging the IDE and power cables into both drives and yet the error message keeps appearing.

thnx for the quik reply
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it the only drive on the IDE chain? If so is it master?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is the only drive on the IDE chain and is set as slave.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Should be master.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeh but even the master isnt working it has the same 'Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)' error message.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It is the only drive on the IDE chain and is set as slave.
    unless you use something else than standard PC, it have to be set as master
    any single device on any IDE channel must be set as master (or CS - "computer select" - if your motherboard has appropriate chipset).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After you have properly set the physical ide connection, go to the control panel, system,hardware,device manager and see if the DVD drive is listed. If it is delete it and restart your PC. When XP comes up it should find the device and reinstall the drivers.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Copy / Paste the following into Notepad, save it as "NoFilter.reg" (yes, you need to save with the "" or it will name it NoFilter.reg.txt), then right-click the file (save it on your desktop) and choose "Merge".

--begin--don't copy this line--
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
    "UpperFilters"=-
    "LowerFilters"=-

--end---don't copy this line--

-dog*
    Quote Quote  
  11. You may need to install any CD/DVD burning software or CD/DVD emulation software (Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, etc). Actually, you might be able to get away with just removing the driver specific to instantCD/DVD from the upper/lowerfilters key at the registry location specified, but I'm not sure what the driver is called...

-dog*
    Quote Quote