VideoHelp Forum

Poll: X-Men 2, X2........

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Fair, the first was better
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TGPO is nuts, the first was better? Your kidding right? That's like saying SpiderMan was good (it blew, you got a dork for peter parker, and Daredevil sucked as well). Did you watch it on a 19" TV or the full stadium seating THX theater experience (empty theater at 11 am sunday morning :P ) lololololo

All TGPO bashing aside:

1) It was relatively faithful to the original series (I said relatively).
    2) Better effects than the original.
    3) Lots more butt kicking!

Now the Hulk looks to be right out of the original comic book (Lou Ferigno eat your heart out!).
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    3) Lots more butt kicking!
    Where. I only remember one real fight. Wolverine and Lady Death Strike. What were the others?

And for the record, I liked Spiderman.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Kids, KIds, KIds, please keep in mind that the mentioned movies have been taken from the very vast and wild imagination of someone who is been doing this all of their lives, on top of that please remember that we have been brainwashed since we were 2 with these fictional characters, so which one is better of this one sucks or this one does is really irrelevant
    TheMoviezMan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I loved the movie and thought it was better than the first. Though I really enjoyed the first too.

************SPOILOR WARNING***************
    (If haven't seen movie, don't read)

To answer tgpo...

The opening scene with Nightcrawler, first of all. That really kicked @ss!
    Wolverine vs. Stryker squad.
    Pyro vs Police
    Magneto vs. his security guards.
    Mystque vs. Stryker squad.
    Cyclopes vs Pheonix (ie, Jean Grey, notice the transformation? I did say spoilor warning)

Was anyone else disappointed about how it ended with Lady Death Strike?

Scifi.com is reporting Halle is out if there is an X3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I see what you are saying with those fights, but some of those were extremely short!! Infact all the fights were short!! Hopefully the new Matrix, with a 17Min fight sequence will produce better results for me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you could have one mutants power, whose would you choose?

(When choosing your answer, assume that you would be the only mutant in the world.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Turn Invisible. Plus no one would have to know I could do it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tearren
    Was anyone else disappointed about how it ended with Lady Death Strike?
    yeah. there's no way to explain how i feel right now.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I really could live with the teleporter power, beats being in traffic. I loved the kick ass fight scene with the teleporter. kick>dissappear>appear somewhere else>kick>dissappear>....
    Also I think some parts where lame........... now dont flame me

I thought the the teleporter(nightcrawler is it) could have done a better job at taking the xmen one by one to safety in the end rather than the chick dying.

Sorry i dont know the names, i was born and raised in one of the third world countries and only came to know xmen when the first movie came out
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought the the teleporter(nightcrawler is it) could have done a better job at taking the xmen one by one to safety in the end rather than the chick dying.
    To answer your ?, Nightcrawler can only teleport "safely" to a place he can see. Since the whole valley they were in was about to be flooded, not a good possibility that he could have done it. Plus the way they did it "exposed" Jean and set up a nice part of the 3rd movie...

I thought the movie was awesome, better than the first just because of the new characters...

tjtoed
    Use what works for you...
    Quote Quote  
  12. seeing "LeBeau, Remy" in the mutant list when Mystique was searching for info on Stryker's computer got me all teared up. They should have him in the next one competing for Rogue against IceMan. Great Fight scene. It would be like A Black Jack game in Antarctica.

btw, my power would be telepathy. I've always wondered what other people really think, words mean nothing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mysticgohan17
    seeing "LeBeau, Remy" in the mutant list when Mystique was searching for info on Stryker's computer got me all teared up.
    i noticed that, too. i thought they said gambit was going to be in this one?
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I thought the second was better than the first....I give the first credit for introducing us to the charicters so that didn't need to be drawn out in the second..and pulling the iron from the guards blood through the pours of his skin was awsome....i did notice the pheonix story beginning....

and to answer the question as to who's power would i want, Wolverine's of course...but if it were an enemy i would have to get Mystics power....

and where is Gambit and Beast?

and the Hulk movie kind of has me worried....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    beast was actually in this movie. in the bar scene, he's the guy on tv.
    His name was MackemX

Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by BorgQueen
    If you could have one mutants power, whose would you choose?

(When choosing your answer, assume that you would be the only mutant in the world.)

I would want the power to control probability factors. If you could make things that are extremely improbable happen at will....
    think of that for a while
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I loved the opening scene and when wolverine gets shot in the head that was pretty good and the wolverine/lady deathstrike fight was weak...wish they did more stuff with colusses (sp?) he was only really in it for 10secs and than he was gone (wolverine should have let him fight that would of made for a good fight scene) also i think they need to have more classic villians than just magneto and mystique
    here is my list fo villians i would love to see..

Juggernaut
    Apocolpyse
    Fitzroy
    Wendingo
    The Brood
    Sentinels
    Omega Red (Awesome)
    and so many more i could go on for days.
    [ = Check out my band @ www.samadhirock.com = ]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by i-on-s
    Omega Red (Awesome)
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am in total agreement about the villiams, I would like to see Juggernaut, Apocolypse and Omega Red too. Also would like to see Mr. Sinster, Deadpool (though I think he is a bad guy now?) or the White Queen.

I have to admit it was pretty clever how they handled bringing Magneto back. I was afraid it was going to be the Magneto escapes and then its X-Men Vs. Magneto story line again like the first movie.

As for the power, I'd go with Telekinesis on Xavier's scale.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Juggernaut would be Ok as an intro to the movie or something, not a main villian. The rest of the villains are a little too unreal for the intent of the story. I am sure that Singer will keep it to human-sentinel-mutant-legacy virus storylines. Aplocalypse is quite powerful from what I remember and wouldnt fit well in this story line.

I would choose to have 12 inch retractable claws in my forearms, then the next time my boss comes into my office, I would whip those out an slice up his go-getter suit but good.

Tygrus
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ahhh Mr Sinster i love that guy! totally forgot about him some how
    and these aren't main villians i was talking about just some good old faces or fights i would love to see in the movies.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correct me if i am wrong but wasn't Omega Red in the legacy virus story line somewhere? its been a good 5yrs since i've read a x-men comic

And on another note they will have to do the whole Pheonix Sega if they wanna bring back jean grey won't they? that will leave alot of stuff out IMHO.
    Quote Quote  
  23. 1. The film was excellent really enjoyed it especially the nightcrawler bit.

2. They need some decent baddies like Sinister or Apocalypse

3. Liked the bit when Wolverine turned round to that guard and saif "what are you crazy".

4. Really good would love to see it again.
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by BorgQueen
    If you could have one mutants power, whose would you choose?

The only down point about this would be, whatever your powers. Is that as soon as you got a bit pissed you would want to start showing off.

You would go down the pub and have a few beers and before you know it you would be running through walls or juggling cars !!!!

And all these super heroes who have a day job !!! sod that !! are they mad !?!?
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To answer your ?, Nightcrawler can only teleport "safely" to a place he can see. Since the whole valley they were in was about to be flooded, not a good possibility that he could have done it. Plus the way they did it "exposed" Jean and set up a nice part of the 3rd movie...
    Well as far as i remember he could see the banks of the valley, its not as if he was standing in the middle of the pacific ocean and could not see its end.

Another guy who could have helped was Iceman, could have frozen water . Well I guess hollywood movies are not know for their logic(where's Mr spock )

but still enjoyed the movie, waiting for the third
    Quote Quote  
  26. Well, to answer the question surrounding why Jean had to die...they want to do the Pheonix saga(or at least part). According to what I remember of the comics, Jean had to die for Pheonix to take over and be "born". So yeah, she died in this movie, but you'll see her in the next although she'll be a very different character without many memories of who she was(Jean).

I thought X2 was better than the first. Extremely fun and well put together movie. I have only one quibble...after all the rumors of Gambit being in this movie and the directors even confirming it...all we get is a name flashed on the screen for half a second?!?!? WTF!!

As to the bad guys...I think Apocalypse is the one I'd most like to see. I think Deapool would be a lot of fun in a movie if they keep his attitude the same(not really sure if he's a bad guy though...kinda more "all for one, and one for...screw you guys, I'm outta here!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mrsash
    Well as far as i remember he could see the banks of the valley, its not as if he was standing in the middle of the pacific ocean and could not see its end.

Another guy who could have helped was Iceman, could have frozen water . Well I guess hollywood movies are not know for their logic(where's Mr spock )

but still enjoyed the movie, waiting for the third
    during that scene, wolverine asks nightcrawler if he could just teleport to help her. at that point he says, "she's not letting me."
    His name was MackemX

Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    during that scene, wolverine asks nightcrawler if he could just teleport to help her. at that point he says, "she's not letting me."
    Thats what i am talking about, jean knew he could teleport(all knew) wait for the jet to arrive....... Then all knew iceman could freeze water and form a huge barrier the size of the dam itself..... could go on this discussion, the end bit is they did not have a logical conclusion, only my opinion
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I knew they needed to lose her somehow so they can bring her back as Pheonix but what really bugged me about that scene was, if she's strong enough to divert all that water why didn't she just levitate the plane to safety with her in/on it. :P

Oh, and the poll needs an option between fair and great. X2 wasn't great but it was better than fair. I liked it better than the first movie.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    just watched X2 the movie theater sounds sucked but the movie was AWSSOOMEE!!! ANd at da end was so sad! but JEAN sure is powerfuLLL!!!!!! i think shes da most poweful of them all... dont u think so? my brother and I got into an argument bout who was da most powfulist mutant! hahahahaha! hmmmm ther should be a pOOLL>>> someone make one... hehe..
    Quote Quote