VideoHelp Forum

Poll: X-Men 2, X2........

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. X-Men 2 was not a good movie at all. The first 10 minutes was excellent (The transporter Dude's attack on the President) Everything after that was pure trash !!! I can't beleive so many here thought it was great. I can't beleive how bad this movie was.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Benzima
    X-Men 2 was not a good movie at all. The first 10 minutes was excellent (The transporter Dude's attack on the President) Everything after that was pure trash !!! I can't beleive so many here thought it was great. I can't beleive how bad this movie was.
    the "Dude's" name is Nightcrawler. i guess you really have to be a fan of x-men to really understand the movie.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It was a good movie, and definitely was worth the $3.50, but what bothered me a little was all that killing wolverine did in the school.

All I know about the xmen is from the xmen cartoons they had on FOX years ago, and the xmen evolution cartoons they had on WB after the first movie, so the original comics might be different, but I don’t remember wolverine ever sticking his claws in to any human. He usually beat them up, throws them around, but never actually kills anyone.

yes, I know it was a cartoons for kids and this is a movie for "older kids", but still, for a comic book super hero good guy, he sure did butchered allot of people that didn’t really do anything to deserve 3 or in some cases 6 12" knifes stuck in to them. They were just following the orders that were approved by the president. They weren’t a real threat to him, didn’t use lethal weapons, and did not try to kill anyone. Also with all the mutants in this school, they could have easily taken care of those soldiers with out killing anyone.

Makes it harder to sympathize and identify with the mutant cause, and help justify the bigotry and fear against the mutants.

But other than that, good movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It was a good movie, better than the first IMO. At least the X-women had nicer hairdoos and Storm was much more effective in this film than the last one, and no really stupid lines... I like how the fights were quick. I'm tired of this Matrix-like slo-mo fight crap that's been going on of late. Do you really need to see some freakin' albino wreck a car on the freeway by jumping on it in slo-mo?

The ending did seem to drag on for a bit, not very well paced. But knowing why they had Jean "die" and what can possibly be coming up, I can let it slide. They MUST bring the Kirby Sentinels in the next one.

And Wolvie in the comics is alot nastier than the watered-down cartoon. If you're interested in how nasty Wolverine can get, pick up a trade paperback where he goes off to Japan. Or even his origin told by Barry Windsor Smith. Heh, if Singer really wanted to be gory, he could have shown all the blood from when Wolvie would cut into people. :P
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I thougth it was a great flick.
    Did anyone notice the n'sync slam, I bet those boys went out and saw it and were surprised, heh heh. I guess that proves it, boy bands are gone for good!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Better than the first. but there's things I don't like. Serious where's beast. he should've been in #1 and #2. More emphasis.

cmon they brought in jubliee, nightcrawler, colossus, beginnngs of phoenix saga and all we get are short peaks of beast?

I guess its not totally men for comic fans, they probably had to write for everyone to see.

edit : Anyone see future Vs. Series in the works?

I mean hulk, spidey, and xmen may all come from 3 different studios(universal, sony and fox) but money talks and you know they'll put aside any competition for big bucks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would want the power to control probability factors. If you could make things that are extremely improbable happen at will....
    think of that for a while
    didn't Longshot have this ability? (it's been a loooooong time since I read his miniseries...)

as for Wolverine killing people - relatively early on, in the 113-116 range, he kills a guard (off panel) in the Savage Land (prompting comments on his nature from Nightcrawler and Storm).

And as well, during the Hellfire Club / Dark Phoenix storyline, he kills or greivously wounds several Hellfire guards, and when he fights Harry Leland, they don't show him doing damage, but they show Leland being carted away on a stretcher and talk about how close to death he is....

Not to mention the Wolverine / Havok "Meltdown" miniseries...

So it sounds like the animated series toned him down quite a bit.

oh yeah... I thought the movie was great, much better than the first one (although I cut the first one slack, you have to take more time on exposition for the benefit of newbies). It really felt like being in one of the classic Byrne / Claremont issues, the way it was paced... I was sucked right in.

- housepig
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I mean hulk, spidey, and xmen may all come from 3 different studios(universal, sony and fox) but money talks and you know they'll put aside any competition for big bucks.
    I would love this.

I would love if X4, SpiderMan 3, Daredevil 3 & Hulk 2 were a huge crossover, released one each in May, June, July and August.

Considering the Marvel tradition of crossovers and multi-part stories, it would be only natural...

- housepig
    Quote Quote  
  9. Whoever asked I do believe that was longshot's mutant power, but then again, Longshot isn't truly a mutant though is he, having been created as is....

This movie was definately better than the first one if you ask me...

Wolverine killing people is old hat, the Cartoon while entertaining, is hardly considered accurate.

Nightcrawler stole the show really.

Oh and the most powerful x-men of them all in the physical sense would be rogue... after the absorption of Ms. Marvel she has invulnerability super strength and flight... all at the cost of nearly being lost to Ms. Marvel'd mind in her body... But uhhh the movies are definately a "paralell universe" to the comics... that's for sure.
    We will either find a way or make one - Hannibal
    Quote Quote