VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A number of you have asked for release details of the plus version of SVCD2DVDMPG - so here they are:

SVCD2DVDMPG+ is now available. It is an enhanced version of the SVCD2DVDMPG tool. For a full list of improvements see www.svcd2dvdmpg.com

DVD Authoring is the key new feature. From the website:

SVCD2DVDMPG+ gives you the option to author your DVDs without the need to go to another application. This is now a true one click SVCD to DVD solution. Collate your source files, configure settings (in fact the defaults usually suffice), click "start" & come back later to a fully generated VIDEO_TS folder - ready to burn.

SVCD2DVDMPG+ DVD authoring explained:
    - No menus . It literally is just like having 5 SVCD CDs on one DVD (for example). I.e. no menus but you don't have to get off the couch to change CDs & you save loads of space in your CD/DVD rack.
    - No need to patch/repatch headers . Patching headers is just so that the authoring software is fooled into thinking it is dealing with a DVD compliant file. As in this case the authoring application is SVCD2DVDMPG+ we don't need to bother
    - Single or multiple title sets (VTSs). Most (all I've seen) authoring applications produce either single or multiple VTSs. SVCD2DVDMPG+ does both! With single VTS outputs you can't mix content (VCD/SVCD/PAL/NTSC). With multiple VTS outputs you can but even DVD Maestro won't let you mix PAL & NTSC. SVCD2DVDMPG+ will. Having multiple VTSs in SVCD2DVDMPG+ allows you to have movies which have different standards (PAL/NTSC), different bitrates (not all SVCD are made with the same bitrate....) and SVCD & VCDs all on the same DVDR.
    ChrissyBoy
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds very good....too goood...

What ac3 encoding method are you using?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing new here Baldrick. I'm merely commandline controling BeSweet. In this version i don't distribute BeSweet - i get user to download the latest version.

As you know AC-3 2.0 doesn't bring much to the party (apart from sync with video streams in Maestro - for example) & there are issues with the BeSweet/ffmpeg AC-3 encoder (considered immature - by the authors!). So i recommend MPG audio anyway. I only offered it as loads of people were requesting it.

CB
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried your guide on the site and I got a half green/half movie file which was extremely pixelated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which guide? Which version?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmmm, this is interesting. I currnetly have about 20+ movies that were encoded with TMPGenc as mpeg2 files (480x480 res) and used the header trick so my DVD player thought it was a VCD. I'm thinking of buying a DVD recorder here in the near future and want to put my tricked VCDs on DVD-R. Would this be the tool I need? Does it have to re-encode all of them again and how long does it take to do all of this for a 2 hour movie on a 1.2ghz athlon. Or is there another route I should take?
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hello, I can't seem to get SVCD2DVDMPG+ to install. It keeps saying unable to import XML?

Can you help?
    Quote Quote  
  8. ChrissyBoy, I loaded it another program and the video was normal, althought it was in fullscreen format, not widescreen like it was supposed to be. It was version 1.1 (your guide is for 1.2) but I couldnt find a download link for 1.2.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I am only wanting to change the resolution (720x576), I am thinking I may have to resort to TMPG and re-encode the whole thing but I dont want to do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Timster: You need to have 48Khz audio to author a DVD. So if that is the case already then you have DVD compliant MPGs and so authoring software like MovieFactory is all you need(or SVCD2DVDMPG+). If you have 44.1Khz audio then you need to resample the audio component only. SVCD2DVDMPG will do this for you. From mpgs to authored DVD folder for 2 hour movie is around 35 mins on my PC.

repdetect2: place your reg file in the correct folder as per your email. Email me if you want to discuss

DTWells: did you repatch your vobs to 480? 1.1 is SVCD2VDVMPG (there is a guide for this version too) 1.2 is really SVCD2DVDMPG+
    Quote Quote  
  11. I dont have VOBs, I have 1 big mpg file that I am wanting to put on DVD. I tried sonic mydvd (crap program) and if you know how that works it just does its own thing, but it was 8.19GB, so ya know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i meant after svcd2dvdmpg had done its job and after you had authored your dvd. In most cases (if you have patched your headers in the first place) you have to repatch back to 480 your VOB files (as per the guide on my site)
    Quote Quote  
  13. when I used svcd2dvdmpg it just made another big mpg file (which wasnt accepted by Spruce Up) so it wasnt valid anyway
    Quote Quote  
  14. Mmm Spruce up requires elementry streams.... did you not select that option?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Im not sure. I know that when I encode stuff with TMPG it is allowable in Spruce, it just takes so long to do. I dont wanna have to screw around with re-encoding for like 9 hours or however long, but is looking like I might have to
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you've got 1 big mpg file? If you do right click->"Mpeg info.." in window explorer on the file - what do you get? I'll try & give you quick steps depending on what you have.
    Quote Quote  
  17. There is no mpeg info when I right click on a file. However, I do know that its mpeg2 VBR for video, and mpeg 2 224kbps (not sure if 44.1 or 48). How else could I find out what you need?
    Quote Quote  
  18. no idea why it has a smiley in my last post, it was supposed to be 48
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you don't have:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=484206

?? ??

BTW might be better if you email me off the site - get things done quicker.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  21. I think I must be incredibly thick here.
    I have got in my hand a vcd on 2 discs.
    The vcd_>DVD is asking me for a bin file. I cannot find anywhere in the getting started section how to get my 2 cds into 1 bin file.

Any help appreciated.
    Suggest this is included in the getting started section

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having a problem loading Mpegs into the latest version.

Every time i load VCD/mpg into i get this error message.....

(S)VCD2DVDMPG STATUS

Directory Does Not Exist: C:\SpruceupWorking\01 - Enterprise.mpg

But this is the directory where all the MPEGs is, they are all MPEG 1 VCD STANDARD, they where on Cd's but ripped using VCDEasy.

There are 9 MPEG1's in total ,and i get the same message for all of them.

Any ideas what the problem is ???
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    marvel2020:do it on the folder not the file

stroller: from the getting started page:
    If you have (S)VCDs which are already burnt on to CD then you will need to rip them off (can't just copy). I recommend VCDEasy for this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thx ChrissyBoy for the Help

Everything worked as it's suppose to
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hey Chrissyboy,

I sent that sample over to you. I wonder if I am doing something wrong, I can't seem to get anything to comple to vob's. It creates the folders, but like I said, they are blank...

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  26. Has anyone had this issue? Also, I try to the automatic upgrade and it completes all the way to the end then it errors out.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by repdetect2
    Also, I try to the automatic upgrade and it completes all the way to the end then it errors out.
    Yep. The updater complains about a file timestamp mismatch.

If you look in the upgrade-cache subdirectory, you'll find that the update consists of a single updated SVCD2DVDMPG+.exe file. I just moved that into the parent directory and it seems to be working fine.

This is a classic example of something that is FAR more complicated than it needs to be. A seperate AutoUpdate program that uses XML/SOAP to download updated files? Jeez. Just package the update into an msi file we can download.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hey Phelix,

Are you getting it to create vob's for you?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just package the update into an msi file we can download
    Now why didn't i think of that....

Maybe because I was busy fixing the problem!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by repdetect2
    Hey Phelix,

Are you getting it to create vob's for you?
    Yep, I'm getting VOB's. It's working fine for me.
    Quote Quote