VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Well i just released the "SVCD, NTSC Pan and Scan header insertions" version aka The Pioneer Fix if anyones interested...
    I just followed the links from your web site and the download site is still showing version 1.1 which I believe is the OLD version before the Pioneer fix. The new version should be 1.2? In the future would you please reference the version number in your update notices or FAQ

I belive for those of use who purchased the + version, an automatic update will occur this evening when I first use it?

Glad to see you got the VTS bug fixed as I tried this feature last night but was unable to make 2 VTS's

Your program did create 1 VTS with my 2 SVCD movies. The first one played great but the second one had audio problems dropping out every couple of seconds thats when I tried to make multiple VTS's.

The time to create the DVD VIDEO_TS folder from the 2 movies:
    1. Each movie as on 2 CD-r's so I had convert the .mpg file with the RIFF header to .mpg via VCDEASY. Each CD took about 4 -5 minutes. Total time for 4 CD-r's -- 16 - 20 minutes.

2. Your SVCD2DVDMPG+ program took 54 minutes to create the VIDEO_TS folder that contained approximately 3GB with the Pioneer Pan & SCAN FIX enabled.

3. So the TOTAL conversion time from SVCD to DVD was 70 - 74 minutes on my AMD XP2200+.

GREAT SOFTWARE, thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry I wasn't clear: 1.1 is the current version of SVCD2DVDMPG. 1.0 is the current version of SVCD2DVDMPG+. As the title of the thread is about SVCD2DVDMPG+, when I say i've release an new version is is pertinent to the plus version. That said, it is a minor update - not enough to increment the version number only the build number.

Existing users just need to do an Update (from the menu). New users would get this update the first time they run the software. (all bases covered).

The VTS bug was brought to my attention by Baldric & is now reolved (it may also resolve your own audio issue). I introduced the bug myself when doing the chapters!!!

70 mins is very good considering your doing the Pan & Scan fix too. (Maybe we should have time trials! - i reckon my P4 would whip your ass!!)
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Be sure and check out the new GUIDE for SVCD2DVDMPG+:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/159399.php
    Quote Quote  
  4. ChrissyBoy

Help trying to convert a suspose mpg file made with my ATI 8500Dv card it says it a mpg file but when i try to ac3 & m2v it so can change it to a DVD format it says it not a mpg file. The file is over 3Gigs if its only a small one then it has no problem not sure what is going on whit this card. When use my old ALL-IN-Wonder 32 128 Pro 4Gigs file works cause it rips in in mp2 format and i just change the ext to mpg and has no problen but that card is only good for a 4Gig mpg file need more to recoard movie off cable. If can help please let know.

THANKS
    JIM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a bit perplexed about the question. Are you sayin that with your new ATI card if the files are less than 3GB you have success with SVCD2DVDMPG but not if >3GB?

If this is the case I'd try spliting the file (not my usual recomendation), as some of the external programs may have file size limit.

Open up a command prompt and type:

mpgtx -s -b newfilebasename -f filenameofmovie.mpg {800M-1600M-2400M}

this would split the file at these values in MB.
    Quote Quote  
  6. When i record a mpg clip with the ati card let go to around 1.5 Gig and then use your program it says that it is a mpg format and dose its thing great (and by the way i am going to donate something that no problem) But when i let it go and recoard a full movie and try and run it it says its not a mpg format. I have all my HD set for NTFS so the card lets me use the hole HD for recoarding and not the 4 Gig lemit like the ATI 32 128 Pro.
    Want the program works great when i convert avi useing TEMPne to mpg and then IFO EDIT but trying to shorten the process.

REALY THANKS FOR THE FAST ANSWERED

THAT WHY IM GOING TO JOIN YOUR TEAM

JIM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you try

mpgtx -s -b newfilebasename -f filenameofmovie.mpg {800M-1600M-2400M}

from the command prompt after cd-ing to yout folder with the mpg in? Then you could use the program on the folder and so all the file in that folder.

The app has only been tested for <1GB SVCDs & VCDs so i'm in unfamiliar waters....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes i did and it says that its not a mpg file also just like your program. Just caint understand why its a mpg setup when i set the card up and its says it is when you open it normal as long as its not to big its just fine. Thanks for trying will have to keep looking for a fix somewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I recently purchased the plus version of your software. I like it alot, with one major exception. The DVDs it creates will not play in my Sony NS400D DVD player because of region restrictions. This is odd, as the discs do not appear to be restricted. Any idea how to work around this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DOHdestroyer
    I recently purchased the plus version of your software. I like it alot, with one major exception. The DVDs it creates will not play in my Sony NS400D DVD player because of region restrictions. This is odd, as the discs do not appear to be restricted. Any idea how to work around this problem?
    Just an idea... if you use the prog to author the disc for you.. then before you burn it, run in past ifoedit and make sure IT makes it region free as well, might be worth a try, and I always try to use rw for the first one to test things, might only be 1x but it saves wasting decent media

hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DOHdestroyer:

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/SVCD2DVDMPG/FAQ/FAQ22.htm

http://www.svcd2dvdmpg.com/SVCD2DVDMPG/FAQ/FAQ23.htm

or read my reply to hcmiller further up this thread.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tww1: Have you tried mpeg2cut? http://darkav.de.vu/
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok, been trying via email to figure out my problem. Thought id add this to the forum to see if I can speed things up.

Basically this programs does not work at all for me. I've tried both SVCDs and many many VCDs and nothing seems to work. I have all the appropriate software installed, and the program is functional for the most part. But the very simple steps ive followed on this site and on the official site to create .vob files, I cant do it.

Basically what it does is split the mpg into two files, mpa and mpv (sometimes it deletes these files after the process finishes and im left with nothing). No VIDEO_TS folder, no .vob file, and there is no confirmation of completion. The entire settings section is greyed out, yet I still hit the start button and do whatever.

Now im not so sure about the SVCD, but the VCDs (converted from DAT to MPEG using the latest vcdgear.exe) are ones ive made years ago. They play just fine on my DVD, yet as compliant as these files are, all attempts fail when I use SVCD2DVDMPG+.

Ive tried this on two of my systems, both are using Win2k.

PII 450 / 256 PC-100 / Geforce1
    AMD 1.3Ghz / 512 PC-133 / Geforce3

Both have plenty of disk space. Heres a log, it just stops at "Multipexing elementry streams" and doesnt do anything after that point. I can bring up the Task Manager to see CPU utilization is at 1%.

Begin time: 9:39:43 PM

############### New MPEG File ###############
    File: C:\dvd\Lilwomen_Cuntus_Maximus1.mpg
    Horizontal Res: 352
    Audio SampleRate: 44100

******** Demultipexing original mpg file

******** Resampling audio from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz

******** Multipexing elementry streams

And the mpeg info.

C:\dvd\TEST1.MPG
    Mpeg 1 System File [Video/Audio]
    Muxrate : 1.41 Mbps
    Estimated Duration: 48:31.88s
    Size [352 x 240] 29.97 fps 1.15 Mbps
    Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
    224 kbps 44100 Hz
    Stereo, No emphasis

What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I need to install?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mmm - did you read your email properly? Did you download the latest beta of BeSweet? or are you using version 1.4?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Heh, well aparently i didnt. Its working now, thanks a heap dude.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have the first version and I downloaded .net framwork and installed both programs.
    now my program tmpgen does not work. once i load any file into the program it comes up with a error and closses down.

Is there and way to adjust fraeworks. cant find it anywee in the computer. or if not how can i get it out of the computer .

it also stuffes up 2 other programs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can uninstall .net framework from add/remove programs in control panel.....
    Quote Quote  
  18. I found what I was doing wrong
    Quote Quote