VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi Chrissyboy
    Thanks for the advice.
    I had tried using VCD Easy butcould not get it to work.
    I have kept going following your advice and can get it to rip.
    (I respectfully suggest a picture version may be useful in a guide for us morons)

BUT I am still confused as to how to get the the 2 .bin files into one big film.
    I am sure I read some posting that joining them was not a good idea but surely I need to do this for continuity.

I think I will be relying heavily on your guides since they involve programs I am not used to

Many thanks for your work and time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You first need to identify the authoring software you are going to use.

This determines your SVCD2DVDMPG settings.

put the bins in a folder and run the app with settings you need.

The authoring software will handle the joining althought different programs give different results.

CB
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Gosh That was quick

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Latest problem:

I have ripped my vcds using vcd easy and called them videocd and videocd1 and put into the same folder.
    I have put what I thinkare the right settings into vcd2dvd and set it off.

A dos programme vcdxrip starts with an error of detecting wrong size calculation in cdi/cdi_img.rtf file.
    It tells me it has fixed this
    I get a number of other messages then:
    extracting avseq01.mpg.

At 33% it stops saying extract error in mpeg-1 stream.

The resulting mpeg file says it is 20.24 mins long whereas the corresponding first disc on the vcd is 50 mins but what there is is of good quality.

Unfortunately I don't appear to extract the log
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  6. have installed as per instructions but when i run the software i get the following error message, any suggestions

Registration is INVALID
    Validation failure due to "XmlLoad"................................

john
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    johnna: you need to put the youremail_reg.xml file in the install folder and rename it to reg.xml. EMAIL me if you have any issues
    Quote Quote  
  8. chrissy: i used svcd2dvdmpg+ today no problem but... while the disc plays great in my computer, my dvd players says "wrong region" how did this happen? the original svcd plays great in both my computer and my dvd player... any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hcmiller: wow there's a suprise! Never heard of that happening. Did you use SVCD2DVDMPG+ to author or did you use some outher app? DVDs produced should be region free... Have you had DVD-SVCD sucess before using other methods?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi,
    Same thing (ish) happens to me... DVD wont play in stand alone but works great in PC

I have joined the bin files off 4 svcd's and it did all that great, I then used my normal prog for burning dvd's NERO 5.5.10.28 and it burned without error, but wont play in either my Samsung 709 or Yamaha 520, and the media I have used is from a bulk pack and ALL of them work without problems, the media is 2x Princo and thats what I am burning at.

Any pointers would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    silas:

Have you had success with DVD-SVCDs before?

Quote from this site:

DVD-SVCD
    You can not burn as SVCD on a DVD the same way as burning on a CDR/W. But you can convert the SVCD to a "DVD-SVCD" that will work on many DVD Players. Standard DVD do not support the SVCD MPEG2 standard but you can anyway make some kind of xDVD without reconverting the video that will work on many DVD Players.
    Does your player support DVD-SVCDs?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Erm... not sure if they do but I had a chance to test it on another machine and it works fine on that one Just like I hoped...

Is there a way round for the other two do you think?

Cheers

Which would be the better option if I dont let SVCD2DVDMPG do the author?

Sorry for all the ? but im just getting into this stuff and learning on the run
    Quote Quote  
  13. Chrissyboy, xcellent job wi svcd + , a simple question for ye, once I've converted 3 svcds into a video_ts folder and they're just over 5 gig, can I then use dvd2one to compress it down ??? also with this + application can you put vcds and svcds on the same dvd ? if so do you patch the header as with svcds ?? Thank U
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fatbloke: 3svcds? do you mean 3 movies or 3 CDs worth? Either way i have never used dvd2one before. i would only put up to 5 CDs worth of SVCDs (5 x 800MB) on in the first place.....

with this + application can you put vcds and svcds on the same dvd ? if so do you patch the header as with svcds ??
    Yes you can - see the docs on the site. no patching required!!! Patching is just to fool dvd authoring software - when you write you own it's not an issue All you need to do is have a VTS for the VCD and one for the SVCD

hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  15. chrissy: yes, my svcds (the original i am trying to convert) is a home brew by me and it plays great in my stand alone and pc
    Quote Quote  
  16. Still cant get it to work on my s/a dvd players
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yup both on the list, both can play vcd/svcd and dvd-r with no problems at all.

I can play 'backups' of dvd's burnt on r&r/w on the Yamaha but only r on the Samsung, they are both region free and the samsung is also MV free

Would I be better with one of the other 'stream' options?

Will try other dvd players over this weekend (unsuspecting friends) if possible
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well you could do a small test dvd but output PS or ES & use another authoring package to see if it is that part which is causing issue.

https://www.videohelp.com/guides?formatconversionselect=SVCD+to+DVD

Be interested to see what other players make of your DVD....
    Quote Quote  
  20. ok, seem to be having similar problems. I use SVCD2DVDMPG+ to create my VIDEO_TS folder etc etc, burn the folder to disc using nero, it plays in my pc ok but doesnt play on my DVD player. Have tried with 3 different films and 3 different dvd players without any success. What am i doint wrong, the settings i use in SVCD2DVDMPG+ are just the default ones, i let SVCD2DVDMPG+ author the disks.

john
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hmm wonder if NERO is the culprit?

Will try another dvd package and see
    Quote Quote  
  22. i thought i would try using alcohol 120% to create an image from the files SVCD2DVDMPG+ created and then burn that image to disk using alcohol, but still no joy, worked on pc but not on dvd players.

john
    Quote Quote  
  23. i continue to have the same problem and i am using stomp's recordnow max
    Quote Quote  
  24. I just started using the extended version of the program for the first time with xmen2 svcd by centropy (2 bins). I used the default settings except I had the program auther the dvd folders. I burned the VIDEO_TS folder onto a purple bottom 2x Ritek on my Sony DRU-500A (1g). It works fine using powerdvd on the computer. Next I try my Sony dvp-s360 which works with dvd-svcd's according to this site --->

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=sony+dvp-s360&Search=Search

And I get a message that says "Playback prohibited by area limitations."
    Next I try the Playstation 2 for the hell of it and it loads up but then I get a message that says "TV system doesn't match."

I open it up using dvd decrypter and it says that the dvd is regions 1-8 so I have no idea what this error is or why it's happening. I followed the guide on this site so can someone please help me out?

-Inc0gnito
    Quote Quote  
  25. i believe, that is the same exact problem that most of us are having... my situation is identical with the exception of the dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  26. I also forgot to mention that the resulting dvd when played on power dvd has a little problem with the movie right at the point where the two bins are joined. The movie skips to a scene 5 seconds ago a little after where the two files are joined. Maybe u other guys should try watching your dvd's too to see if yours has a similar problem.

-InC0gNito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    InC0gNito: last problem first: the two svcd cds are combined - if you watched the cds consequtively you would get the same "feature". All the tool does is put your svcd onto dvdr - if your sources exibit such behaviuor it is hardly my fault.

PS2: Plays for me on my mates PS2 ok. That particular movie is PAL. does your TV/PS2 support PAL? Can you get PS2 to convert to NTSC or set your TV to accept boith PAL & NTSC?

SONY: going by that link most people have fickle results with that sony model. DVD-SVCDs DONT play on all standalone players - just most of them. I am getting together a series of samples(PAL/NTSC etc) for people to try so they can verify their own players.

hcmiller:
    plays great in my stand alone
    Try the samples i will produce on all your other players....
    same exact problem that most of us are having
    most people are not having any issues.....

silas:
    I had a chance to test it on another machine and it works fine on that one Just like I hoped...
    Again the sample will once & for all determine whether your players support DVD-SVCDs

CB
    Quote Quote  
  28. I just burned a single VTS with PAL & NTSC sources by mistake. It played fine. I thought that i would have to have 2 VTSs to mix content like that. Has anyone else discovered this?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Just started using the proggy to convert my VCD collection (PAL) to DVD. I ripped the VCDs using VCDEasy without any problem. The problem that I have is the mpg file (also the DVD) created by SVCD2DVDMPG+ has a hissing sound at the begining of the video when I have the proggy uisng PowerDVD to do the authoring. This noise is not on the ripped video (mpg). I tried usiing the bin and the mpg file and got the same result. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the hissing sound? Also what setting should I use if I want to use DVDLAB to do the authoring? I cannot figure it out from the guide. Also, I live in North America, I would like to author the DVD in NTSC format and not PAL. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ats65:

- hissing sound. did you use AC-3? try mpeg audio instead.
    - DVDLab settings: you should use Elementry Streams and no patching. DVDLab will warn about svcd resolution - just ignore.
    - NSTC/PAL: SVCD2DVDMPG does not reencode video. Therefore it will produce PAL streams(ES,PS,VOB) or NTSC streams depending on your sources. If your player wont output NTSC from PAL then you need to convert: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156133

CB
    Quote Quote