VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went to TDK.com and found out that they have a dual format +RW/-RW writer that is supposed to come out April 2003. Does anyone know any more info on this or if it has been reviewed by PCworld, PCmagazine, CNET, or any reliable source yet? If so, how did it score?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just ordered it from Dell.
    TDK Writer + 10 DVD-R come to $260 shipped! (You need to buy over $350 to get $90 discount)

Who is laughing now...?
    :P

Order it then add these coupons 502A2D028D7E and AA6363649171
    That saves $90
    Quote Quote  

3. Dell says that TDK is temporarily delayed
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by killmore

Dell says that TDK is temporarily delayed
    Sound a lot like last year Sony DRU500A sale.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, I put my order through at Dell on Monday and got a order number. It went and completed pre-production, but then said that it's delayed. Has anyone contacted Dell about how long the delay is going to be? I know their was an issue with the Sony DRU500A last year and early this year on a VERY LONG delay and some customers are STILL waiting to this day. I hope it won't take that long.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I talked to Dell.
    "We promise to ship on May 7th or we will give you a call"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the same kind of answer from them..........."we will ship by early to mid-month (May of course). Keep me updated.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually called a couple of stores to see if the drive is even out yet and found out that the reason dell delayed the drive is because TDK hasn't even shipped it out yet. I called CompUSA, Fry's, Best Buy, and Micro Center................all of them have the TDK 440 in their system and said that it should be out within one to two weeks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I saw it at Fry's (In San Diego)
    Price $329.99
    So It seems I will get it from DELL fairly soon

They also had 25 DVD+R for $45
    Quote Quote  
  10. 2 Packages inbound from DELL. Hopefully one of them is TDK +R/-R
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Damn, mine still shows that it's delayed. Did you get a UPS shipping number already?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I was confused - 2 separate packages were sent but only one of them is mine. Suprisingly my friend package showed up too when I asked for tracking info.

It is still delayed and I think DELL does not offer them anymore...
    I could not find any info about it on DELL website (Older one +R showed up)
    Waiting to see what will happen tommorow...
    Quote Quote  
  13. What are the DVD(+-)RW write speeds? Is it 4x like the new Sony DRU-510? I will be buying my first DVD burner in the next month or so and want the best for under $350 with all formats. I very happy with the TDK CD-RW drive I bought last year so Im leaning towrds the TDK.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are the speeds for the TDK 440:

4x +R/-R

2.4x +RW

2x -RW

16x CD-r

10x CD-rw
    Quote Quote  
  15. If you can't wait to get it, its in stock on googlegear.com for $297.99 w/Free 2nd Day shipping!

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=174006

But Sony DWU10A dropped from $350 to 309.99 (at googlegear.com). Is there is a diffrence between DWU10A and 500AX?
    I guess the price for sony dropped because they will release newer multi drive with 4x burning on DVD+/-RW media.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Looks like the TDK 440 (2.4x +RW) will be behind Sony's new release DRU-510A with 4x +RW. But the Sony will probably cost $100 more.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thats weard I thought that dell was part of the (DVD+RW Alliance) I did not think that would sell a drive that writes to the -r/-rw format? well any way I just bought a Dimension 8300 wish I had that drive instead of my dvd+r/+rw. +discs cost too much.....
    Quote Quote  
  18. Dell shipped it. I will get it 13 of May (Lucky day I am sure)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the DWU10A is just the bulk OEM version of the 500AX, but I could be wrong...

http://www.xpcgear.com/sonydwu10a1.html
    dj matty b
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dell shipped mine on the 8th and I checked the tracking number from UPS and it's already arrived here in Houston, so I should get it by tommorrow. Time to test it out. woohoo
    Quote Quote  
  21. If anybody got it yet, can you please tell us what is the ripping speed of 440N. I wonder if its locked at 2x like the rest of the dvd burners. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok people i just want to get this straight what exactly do you mean by TDK WRITER HAS DUAL FORMAT +RW/-RW does this mean that now you can put 9 gbs on one dvd? just wondering cause i wanna buy a dvd burner and that would be great.
    An all in one guide for DVD to CVD/SVCD/DVD by cecilio click here--> https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/167502.php
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which one of these DVD Burners would be the better
    NEC ND-1300A
    OptoRite DD0203
    Sony DRU500A
    Sony DRU500AX
    Sony DW-U10A
    An all in one guide for DVD to CVD/SVCD/DVD by cecilio click here--> https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/167502.php
    Quote Quote  
  24. just got mine.. delivered by ups from dell.. will have to play with it later
    Quote Quote  
  25. Mine is stuck in LA.
    Quote Quote  
  26. The TDK is in only the +R?rw format! where do you here different?new sony dw-u10a-10 is available now.$293 supposely 500ax new version?
    Quote Quote  
  27. We are talking about +RW/-RW

I got mine. Burned 2 DVD+RW at 2.4 bothe worked fine in my APEX5131 DVD player.
    I will try -R soon.
    Software is mainly Roxio - seems to have Roxio DVD authoring SW too.

This is NOT repackaged SONY
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by killmore
    We are talking about +RW/-RW

I got mine. Burned 2 DVD+RW at 2.4 bothe worked fine in my APEX5131 DVD player.
    I will try -R soon.
    Software is mainly Roxio - seems to have Roxio DVD authoring SW too.

This is NOT repackaged SONY
    That's correct, it's a rebadged NEC ND-1300A
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got my TDK in on Monday and i've been burning -R +R and +RW. The +R and -R burn at 4X perfectly (about 15 minutes or so for a full DVD) and the +RW at 2.4X (about 22 minutes or so for a full DVD). I've tested all the DVDs on standalone players and all work great.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Burned about 10 DVD+RW and 2 DVD-Rs - all worked fine on my APEX 5131

It failed to write DVD-R at 4x speed. Maybe due to screen saver which kicked in during writing.
    Quote Quote