VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody tried this yet?

Just creating a DVD compliant VIDEO_TS folder from a VCD MPEG, is going to take approx 50 mins.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Its pretty cool. It processes the main movie from the dvd. It will create a menu and chapter selection menu. If the file is too big you can resize with DVD2one, InstantCopy or DVDshrink.

Its great for those that love the main movie only on 1 DVD-R and would like to have a scene selection menu.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    please post a link also.....okey

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_main.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    the pegasys site is very very very very very slow now...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    site is down right now -- but here are some pics :

Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    the site works...but just a bit slow...I just downloaded the 8 MB demo:

http://www.tmpgenc.net/download_files/TDA10420install-EN.exe
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It looks interesting.

But I'd like to ask anyone who tests this software a couple of questions:

Does it include TMPGEnc Plus or are they sold seperately?

It claims to support input of AC3 audio (but won't convert other audio formats into AC3). Does it pass AC3 to the final output or does it have to convert it to mpeg audio?

I'm sure I will test this software myself but it will probably be a while. I'm especially interested in the ability to cut scenes out of an already authored DVD and re- author it.

I see they are thinking of supporting VRO files in the future. If they support other frame sizes like 480X480 (Non DVD compliant, but none the less one of the frame sizes my Pioneer set top produces), I'll probably get it.
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes it is back up now and i downloaded it also -- the site is now in french as an option also ..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does it include TMPGEnc Plus or are they sold seperately?

seperate

It claims to support input of AC3 audio (but won't convert other audio formats into AC3). Does it pass AC3 to the final output or does it have to convert it to mpeg audio?

it handles ac3 without conversion to mpeg audio

it also can edit IFO files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick response!

For me, I'll keep hoping for VRO support (and other frame sizes like 480X480) and I'm sold.

Pending bug reports of course.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  11. I downloaded it, it seemed to be in the class of the $50 authoring tools (neoDVD, etc) It seems to be over priced at $68 (especially when it dosen't actually do the burning like just about every other Authoring tool does.)
    Cendyne/Pioneer 105 & 104 with a Dazzle* Hollywood DV-Bridge.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sadly only a basic tool.
    I still love DVDlab
    Waiting impatiently for final release!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It will open vob files directly,no need to demux. Allows you to set the menu as first play. It does not retain the vob chapter points,you need to reset them manually.
    Are there any other authoring programs that open vob files directly?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To me, it's similar to Movie Facotory 2, except that it does permit elementary streams as input. (If I am wrong and MF2 does permit elementary streams, please let me know.) Agree with earlier comment that at $68, it's overpriced, given what it does.

wwaag
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by wulf109
    It will open vob files directly,no need to demux. Allows you to set the menu as first play. It does not retain the vob chapter points,you need to reset them manually.
    Are there any other authoring programs that open vob files directly?
    NeoDVD Plus v4 & Roxio 6 DVD Builder will open VOB files.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by NYPlayer
    Its pretty cool. It processes the main movie from the dvd. It will create a menu and chapter selection menu. If the file is too big you can resize with DVD2one, InstantCopy or DVDshrink.

Its great for those that love the main movie only on 1 DVD-R and would like to have a scene selection menu.
    4 Gig. MPG took only 20 min. to compile, once I figured out how to set chapters.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For SVCD people:

svcd mpegs need headers to be patched (352 or 704). You need to patch the whole file. Other than that is works as advertised - it will upsample to 48KHz and produce the VIDEO_TS folder & VOBS. Obviously you need to repatch to 480, again all the VOBs and entire files.

I haven't checked the quality of the resampling (or sync issues). Remember that in TMPGEnc you are advised not to use the internal sample rate converter....

So close but not quite a one click solution....

It is priced, IMHO, too high just for SVCD->DVD and as people have said, in terms of DVD authoring it falls short of some other sub $100 offerings.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did convert a movie file with this program and found it to be out of sync, so not the program I was hoping for. It doesnt seem to allow you to use an external sampling convertor either...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGenc internal sample rate convertor (as long as you switch itto "high quality" mode) is very good now (in the latest version of tmpgenc).

If the playback is out of sync , thats not the fault of the authoring program ussually ..
    Quote Quote  
  20. trying an XVCD now.......

seems to be taking a long time.......

if it accepts VCD/SVCD albeit with patching it may be the way to go for simple (S)VCD to DVDR.

the audio synch comment seems alarming tho?

although i did have an audio synch prob with dvdlab the other day.

does anyone know if DVDLab will accept mpeg1 files in the final release?

cheers
    KYUSS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it accepts VCD/SVCD albeit with patching it may be the way to go for simple (S)VCD to DVDR.
    KYUSS: would you pay $68 for simple SVCD->DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  22. nope

just completed the XVCD to DVDR using this new authoring software.....

audio goes out of sync

XVCD was created with TMPG enc as well???

nice try......must do better tho
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BJ_M:
    If the playback is out of sync , thats not the fault of the authoring program ussually ..
    I agree. But this program is doing a lot more then usual in its demuxing, resampling & then muxing for VOB/VTS creation. I gave up on TMPGEnc some time ago for demuxing & muxing. I could take 70% of my mpegs, demux it then mux it again with no other operations - and it would always be out of sync....

But in general it is usually the source mpeg having been edited or fixed which leads to sync issues with other authoring software packages
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if ask me I still think Ulead DVD MovieFactory dose more for less money and is still best DVD Authoring out for being a basic dvd authoring software, The one I like see get better support is the one from Ahead know as NeroVision Express but there MPEG-2/DVD Encoder blow is only allow for LPCM no MPEG1 Layer2 Audio and it slow.
    To bad NeoDVD Plus v4 re-render the clip it would be a good optoin how ever like it and min other it belong in the trash can.
    One thing I with min of basic authoring software they lack real miniDVD or CVD or HalfD1 support and also lack more then one Sub menu.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    For SVCD people:
    ...It is priced, IMHO, too high just for SVCD->DVD and as people have said, in terms of DVD authoring it falls short of some other sub $100 offerings.
    If NeoDVDPlus is $50 and the others similar are in that range then this should be no more than $50 and with DVD Authoring now being bundled with Roxio 6 and other apps, it seems that $35 might be more in line.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Roxio 6 is a joke gcutler sorry I had say that but it ture.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    For SVCD people:

svcd mpegs need headers to be patched (352 or 704). You need to patch the whole file. Obviously you need to repatch to 480, again all the VOBs and entire files.
    CB, why is that?
    I want to learn, although my situation may be different. I sometimes use a set top DVD recorder that, due to the quality level I usually use, records at 480X480 for DVD, not SVCD. All DVD players I've tested so far have no problem playing these "out of spec" DVD's.

My problem is when I want to re-author, every authoring program I've tried (all sub $500), except IFOEdit, re-encodes the files to 720X480 (or whatever), and that takes half a day!

A couple of tests using DVD WS showed that that program will not re-encode if I change the first header info to fool it into thinking the files are 720X480.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    leebo: 480x480 is not DVD standard....even if your dvd recorders supports it and most player supports it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Indeed.

All dvd authoring packages will reencode to a dvd standard (except dvdlab, ifoedit). So, like you say, you must trick the software. Usually you can do this by patching the first header but with some software (TMPGEnc DVD Author being one) you have to do the whole file. However as you have usually have to patch back to 480x480 otherwise most dvd palyers will compress/stretch the video.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, Baldrick, I know. I mentioned that in my first post near the top.

CB, How do you "patch back" after authoring? Are you talking about editing the IFO with IFOEdit?
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote