VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. When I set up the menus, I must be missing something, as the finished product ONLY shows chapter 1. Can any one shed some light?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Problem:
    My version fails to accept AC3 sound! "Illegal Audio Format"

Solution:
    Use Ac3Fix! Once it processes the file everything new sound file is accepted!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tried this program, and have authored some sample clips. All were DVD compliant to begin with, but authored files have no audio (on computer or stand-alone).
    Am i forgetting some setting or what?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hum. What is everyone use for encoding of video? Been using Tmpeg and had no problem with the MPEG-2Video/MPEG Audio output.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by NightWing
    Hum. What is everyone use for encoding of video? Been using Tmpeg and had no problem with the MPEG-2Video/MPEG Audio output.

This might help?

TMPGEnc DVD Author v1.0.4.24 Fix:

Changing the audio sampling rate would result in audio synch problems.

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_main.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have to admit i like the software and found it incredibly easy to author my own discs.but what i have found is that theres no support for subtitles on your movies which i would have liked to retain.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm currently using TMPGenc DVD Author over ULead DVD MovieFactory 2, I got fed up of MF2 forcing a re-encode, regardless of what settings or options I used (or is that just me ???), but MF2 menu/chapter creation is incredibly simple and for a lazy person like me that can't be bothered to create menus the hard way ....................

Now if TMPGenc DVD Author had that good a menu creation system, or at least a way of creating your own menus, or a much better choice of menus

If you're like me, and like cartoons, having to trawl through loads of menus isn't my idea of fun. If I could have a menu that supports about 12 little thumbnails on screen, like MF2 then much better .. hint, hint
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Yorel
    When I set up the menus, I must be missing something, as the finished product ONLY shows chapter 1. Can any one shed some light?
    I'm continuing to have the same problem. Create the menus, but only chapter 1 appears on the screen in my Norcent.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The items I like about it is easy to learn, quick and DOES NOT CRASH!

Just finishing one with last weeks Enterprise and switched over to Cloud2 style. It keeps two thumbnailes for the track but switches over to a "list" format. Allows more description. In the color/changing of the font he has in this would like the option of a two tone lettering when you have a complex background behind. Would help on visiblity.

Well the "templates" are basicaly a set of "wad" style files so I guess with the right format knowledge could roll your own. But for most of the stuff I do, the menu levels of what it can do are ok. Have some stuff that is more complex but would use something else.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yorel wrote:
    When I set up the menus, I must be missing something, as the finished product ONLY shows chapter 1. Can any one shed some light?
    I am having the same problem now. The first time I ran the software and authored a DVD with it - it created a menu item for each file I loaded (what I wanted to begin with - each file being a seperate movie). Now whenever I add a file (mpg) it only shows the first file I added in the main menu and additional files do not show up. When selecting the menu item (movie) from the main menu it then takes me to a chapter menu which I do NOT want.

Anybody know how to navigate the menu creation part of this wonderful program?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Twister_29
    Yorel wrote:
    I am having the same problem now. The first time I ran the software and authored a DVD with it - it created a menu item for each file I loaded (what I wanted to begin with - each file being a seperate movie). Now whenever I add a file (mpg) it only shows the first file I added in the main menu and additional files do not show up. When selecting the menu item (movie) from the main menu it then takes me to a chapter menu which I do NOT want.

Anybody know how to navigate the menu creation part of this wonderful program?
    Do you create a new track for each videoclip??

I author like this
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/159800.php (scroll down to the authoring part)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Baldrick,

Whenever I first ran it I didn't have to create a new track for each file (movie) - it seemed to automatically do it. (???)

Whenever I add a new movie all I want to do is go straight to that movie that I selected without having a chapter menu - but yet I want to keep chapters to navigate within that movie.

I will take a look at your link and see if that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Twister_29
    Baldrick,

Whenever I first ran it I didn't have to create a new track for each file (movie) - it seemed to automatically do it. (???)

Whenever I add a new movie all I want to do is go straight to that movie that I selected without having a chapter menu - but yet I want to keep chapters to navigate within that movie.

I will take a look at your link and see if that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply!!
    Select "No Menu". As long as you have inserted your chapter points, the movie will start playing after insertion and you can jump ahead or back using the skip button on remote.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, here is my first opinion:

It is ideal for DVB to DVD authoring IF you use 352 or 720 X 576/480 source. Also, accept 352 X 288 mpeg 2 for DVD creation.
    This program don't crash!
    It is fast! Only seconds to load a huge (2 GB+) mpeg 2 file.
    Chapters works great.

So: This program for DVD - Video is what Nero is for authoring VCD/SVCD.
    And that is exactly what I need!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Has anyone tried to create multi-language DVDs with GEnc DVD Author?
    I apologize if I'm asking a dumb question but how do you make multi-channel audio to make the files this program will split into two mono multilanguage tracks? Thanks for your help. I won't be asking a bunch of newbie questions, just this is important to me.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm using TMPGEnc Author and love it.
    My one problem and question is this...
    I've made the chapters and added my own thumbnail from a pic within the chapter (cool feature)...but when I did this I was a noob doing my first authoring...so movie is still 'untitled' on top bar...
    When I figured this out...went to go change it...opened file...found where it'll get my chapter points...but it won't get the thumbnails...

can ya'll tell me how to get this proggie to extract my thumbs to the chapters?...will it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have both TMPGEnc Plus & TMPGE Author. I do my editing in TMPGE Plus to edit out commercials or splice scenes together. I was wondering since I really haven't use TMPGE Author does it work the same way. It looks like to me it doesn't play any sound back and it also make chapters like MF2. I really wanted to know can the frame editing device ( it looks move precise) then the slider bar in TMPGE Plus be use the same way without making Chapters like in MF2 or is like MF2 since you can't edit there anyway. Thanks YB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The authoring program may advance frame by frame if you choose. The program will suggest an alternative frame, I, B, P or structurally correct, to edit if yours is not an appropriate one.

I think the program automatically creates a chapter point at your edit splice, not sure if you have to keep it though, think there is a delete button for the chapters if you don't want them.

regards
    Jim
    Quote Quote  
  19. It does add a Chapter point at the start of every video you add. You can turn it off or delet the chapter entry.

It has the Clip and edit like the latest Tmpge. But note. It only trims on I frames.

I would dearly love some type of sound indicator or playback! Hope it will be an added feature! Would help on finding chapter points when you have a few clips in the list.

The only thing beyond sound is the mono color font. If you could have text with a border like most subtitle but I digress.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only program that does half decent job with 7 hours of video cd's
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does a pretty good job with 7 hours of video cd's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NightWing
    It does add a Chapter point at the start of every video you add. You can turn it off or delet the chapter entry.

It has the Clip and edit like the latest Tmpge. But note. It only trims on I frames.

I would dearly love some type of sound indicator or playback! Hope it will be an added feature! Would help on finding chapter points when you have a few clips in the list.

The only thing beyond sound is the mono color font. If you could have text with a border like most subtitle but I digress.
    Hello Nightwing,
    How do you turn off the Chapter entry and can you tell me what you mean by "I" frames ...Thanks YB
    Quote Quote  
  23. --------------------------------------
    To turn off/on a chapter entries:
    --------------------------------------

In Create Menu Mode click on the button marked Display Chapter Settings.

You will see a dialog box showing all chapter points. Simply uncheck the one you want.

To permently delete a chapter:

In Source Setup Mode click on the Edit button in the video clip where the chapter is located. This will change to the Clip Info/Chapter cut edit View. Click on Chapter Cut Edit And should switch to the view where you can add and cut the video. Along the right edge are all of the chapter marked in that video. Select the one you DONT want and simply click on Delete.

Hope that helps! Also the online help is pritty good with this program!

PS: The Glossary on the left of this page is better at describing I Frames than steeping on my own feet trying to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi
    Any body know how to make transitions using TEMPGenc DVD Author
    Thanks for any information
    Mac
    Quote Quote  
  25. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by makkar
    Hi
    Any body know how to make transitions using TEMPGenc DVD Author
    Thanks for any information
    Mac
    It is not supported.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi
    Where can I get a comprehensive using TMPGenc DVD Author
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  27. I mean comprehensive guide in using TMPGenc DVD Author
    Quote Quote  
  28. makkar,
    Rather than posting again you can just edit your original post when you make a mistake.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Have you looked at the "HELP" file?

It's the most comprehensive guide I've seen for any software.

It even includes pictures....
    Quote Quote