VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    leebo: no you just need to repatch the vobs pertinent to the video(i.e. not the menus) to 480x480. Just use the tool you used in the first place. Or... you could use svcd2dvdmpg which will do the lot for you in a click!
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    leebo: no you just need to repatch the vobs pertinent to the video(i.e. not the menus) to 480x480. Just use the tool you used in the first place. Or... you could use svcd2dvdmpg which will do the lot for you in a click!
    After authoring, there are no mpegs files to patch. Everything is multiplexed into a VOB (I'm sure you already know this). How do you "patch" a VOB file?
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by SHS
    Roxio 6 is a joke gcutler sorry I had say that but it ture.
    What do I care what you think of Roxio 6, I don't use it. But if they are going go bundle basic authoring sw in packages like that, charging $65 for TMPGEnc DVD Author isn't going get you much business, when there a cheaper or bundled products that do similar.
    Cendyne/Pioneer 105 & 104 with a Dazzle* Hollywood DV-Bridge.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How do you "patch" a VOB file?
    the same as a mpeg file. DVDpatcher - one at a time - or like i said svcd2dvdmpg will do them in a batch.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll try that.
    Thanks.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another question:

I'm trying to use this program to "re-author" an adult DVD (non-encrypted).

I use the add DVD video button and navigate to the video_ts folder.
    The problem is that this program shows that there is only one program in the folder and that it's only 22 megs.

When I try to continue anyway, the preview window shows only the warnings on the DVD - no movie!

I ripped the disc again, this time using DVD Decrypter, with the same results.

Windows Explorer (XP) shows both rips as being complete (5.5 gigs), and Win DVD plays both folders just fine.

Why dosn't TMPEGEnc DVD Author see the files?
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  7. leebo,give this a shot,using TDA copy the disc to your HD [movie only]
    it will open auto after that,then u can make your menu and inserts
    how many chapters u need,the menu are basic,but they work
    then burn in data mode with RecordNow..

IN about 1hr.. u will be having popcorn
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm...

DVD Movie Factory 2 imports the disc just fine. Must be a bug???
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I use TMPGEnc Author & I like it. The reasons that I do are:

1. Does NOT reencode video files when authoring

2. Accepts AC3 audio

3. Allows elementary streams to be used

4. It's easy to make simple menus.

I don't know of a sub $100 program that does all of these things. I DO wish it were a bit cheaper, &offered burning ability.

You get what you pay for.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sorry I forgot to explain what im trying to do

I have a few home made videos. Id like the watcher to be able to either play the video or be able to select a chapter and play that chapter? is there a guide on how to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just downloaded this and have spent some hours playing. It certainly does everything claimed and has one big advantage over the other programmes that I have ( Pinnacle Instant DVD, Movie Factory2, NeoDVD) IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!.
    I have had nothing but problems with all the others and have not been able to get any support, especially Ulead.
    I will go for it and look forward to any add ons.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by RWANDREWS
    I use TMPGEnc Author & I like it. The reasons that I do are:

2. Accepts AC3 audio

I don't know of a sub $100 program that does all of these things. I DO wish it were a bit cheaper, &offered burning ability.

]

It does anamorphic. Not many do that.

I am not bothered by the inability to burn because NERO works great for me.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I appreciate that this program allows 2 audio channels for each title.
    The problem I have is that I cannot navigate the menu with my remote controller of my DVD player. Any body has such problem?

There is no such problem if I author with DVD MovieFactory or DVD Workshop.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I found it dead easy to author a DVD with but.....does anyone know how to put the sound into the DVD?!?!? The DVD plays in my PS2 but with no sound!!!!!
    "you're damn it you don't you're damned if you do...catch 22"
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RWANDREWS
    I use TMPGEnc Author & I like it. The reasons that I do are:

2. Accepts AC3 audio

I agree. These features are exactly what I am looking for except I would like more flexibility and features in the menu creation. Does anybody know whether NeoDVD+ or Roxio DVD burner force reencoding of video when authoring? Also do they support AC3? Any other software that does #1 and 2 above?

Roy
    Quote Quote  
  16. I think you'll find sync problems exist mainly with mpeg audio, i dont think there is any timecode in the file to reference the lock between Video & Audio... Which is probably why VCD's suck!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Earthbulb
    I think you'll find sync problems exist mainly with mpeg audio, i dont think there is any timecode in the file to reference the lock between Video & Audio... Which is probably why VCD's suck!!!!
    so if i re-encoded it tp ac3 it wouldn't go out of synch then?
    Quote Quote  
  18. nice , little, easy program. The one thing i do wish they do though is fix it so that if i import my own pics for menus i can totally delete any icon's they may use (super impose, although i can fix those little bugs with the menu edit program)) over my background (similar to dvd workshop).
    At the sametime Meastro is still number one for me, but for some clips that give maestro errors, or for extreme quickness this progam is very nice.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I sent an e-mail to tech support at neoDVD+ and asked if the program keeps the original encoding of VOBs. They said that VOBs are not reencoded if no editing is done to the VOB itself. This will work for me because all I want to do is create new menus. I am going to spend the 50 bucks to try it out and report back. It appears to have more flexible menu options than TMPGEnc author at a lower price.

Roy
    Quote Quote  
  20. Guys I know this may have been answered somewhere else but after 3 days of hunting and not getting any help in the DVD authoring forum I thought I would just ask here. I have an SVCD that I want burned onto a DVD. I tried the new TMPGEnc DVD author program and it works great except after I burned the DVD the screens aspect ratio is stretched so I only see 2/3rds of the screen on my TV. Before I ran TMPGEnc DVD Author I repatched all my Mpeg 2 files from 480x480 to 352x480 so the conversion from mpeg to VOB would be successful. After that I burned the VOB's. IFO files etc onto a DVD with the same resolution and when my screen was stretched I repatched it with DVD Patcher back to 480x480 and reburned it to DVD. I still got the same stretched screen. I tried 720x480 and then the screen gets real small only taking up half my tv's screen. I am lost and I am sure there is an app out there that can manipulate VOB files or something. Can someone help me with this? I have read that there is a keep aspect ratio setting that suppose to fix this but TMPGEnc DVD author doesnt seem to have this feature. I have tried the regular TMPGEnc program but the sound was out of sync. I really dont want to reinvent the wheel here. my desire if possible is to keep my current VOB's created with the DVD authoring program and some how manipulate those to get the correct aspect ratio to show on my TV. your input would be greatly appreciated. By the way I did try 16.9 aspect with DVD patcher with no success.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pioneer DVD player Sensei2121?
    Quote Quote  
  22. No it s a Sony Model DVPS7700 DVD Player Very nice DVD player. Retailed for 1000 bucks 3 years ago. Its a very flexible player and even supports Mpeg 5.1 yadda yadda yadda.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    except after I burned the DVD the screens aspect ratio is stretched so I only see 2/3rds of the screen on my TV
    i'm working on a new feature for my program SVCD2DVDMPG+ to address this type of issue. It is very common on Pioneers. Do you want to do a test for me?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Sure Ill test this out cause if your app works you will have sold me on it. By the time I get this fixed the Movie will be released os n DVD and at this point it is a matter of principle. My email is sensei1@cox.net. We can correspond further and see what we can come up with.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Chrissy Boy I havent got an email from you yet....Still waiting
    Quote Quote  
  26. I noticed that If I ripped a DVD to get just a chapter and demuxed the ac3 soundtrack that it wouldnt recognise it.. I have been told that this is the fault of Smartripper as it adds a load of junk before the ac3 header. You can remove this with a hex editor to get to :0B 77 and leave this as the opening hex address. It then works fine...Very wierd...I wonder if there is a ripper that will correctly demux the ac3 file with the correct heading..
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clivekay
    I noticed that If I ripped a DVD to get just a chapter and demuxed the ac3 soundtrack that it wouldnt recognise it.. I have been told that this is the fault of Smartripper as it adds a load of junk before the ac3 header. You can remove this with a hex editor to get to :0B 77 and leave this as the opening hex address. It then works fine...Very wierd...I wonder if there is a ripper that will correctly demux the ac3 file with the correct heading..
    Try DVDShrink. It will allow you to extract ANY part of a VOB. I've sucessfully used it several times for this.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  29. Desided to give it a whrill. Still running some test but its a little more than a basic tool. There are a few intersting thing just under the surface.

LIKE:
    (1)Fair on speed doing things even on a PIII 866- 256mb ram.
    (2)Can do clipping/trimming of a video!
    (3)Simple Menu. Nothing fancy but works well!
    (4)Does not crash when working! { Major plus! }
    (5)Quick on processing. { same CPU/ram )
    (6)Chapter are on correct frames and not on illegal frames.
    (7)Easy to learn. No manual just go.
    (8)Preview of Chapter point.

DISLIKES:
    (1)On a disk with only one "track" drop the parts showing selection of mutiple tracks. Its not needed and looks strange.

NEED TO CONFIRM PROBLEM
    (1) A pause where two different clips that were trimed join. Has a small hesitation of around 1/2 to 3/4 second.

WOULD BE NICE.
    (1) Play audio when playing a clip. Helps in finding points. Would be nice in Tmpeg also! Or just the waveform visual like in Tmpeg.
    (2) Wish you could move some of the menu items around.
    (3) A way to darken the loaded in background image for a menu.
    (4) A intro clip that plays then jumps to menu or video. Like a 321 warning.

The best benifit is not crashing! Studio 8, Premiere and the software that comes with the Sony 500 drive will usualy crash at some point. The only one that I have tried { vcd only } is the CyberProducer that does not crash while working.

Have not fully tried DVDLab yet to see if better or worse. Will run the same video through it and see how it works.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried this little prog just last night with great success! I produce and sell instructional hobby and machining videos that I recently began to put on DVD+R with a Phillips DVD Recorder. This particular DVD I tested was 1:45 mins in length and was recorded from a direct 8mm video cassette using the SP setting which gives 2 hours of video on one DVD+R with the Phillips recorder.

Now here is the fun thing. I was able to import to MPG-2 directly from my DVD and it only took about 19 mins on my 2.4Gh P4 Machine. I then was able to create a simple navegation menu so my viewers can go to all of the individual sections of interest within the video or just watch the whole thing at once. I originally shot it in sequential order and planned so I had no post editing to do. I ended up with the original tape as my master. Now I suppose I can add appropriate background music and transitions between the individual clips but I don't think it would add to the instructional content.

After creating and naming all of the different chapters I finished it choosing to have the menu pop first rather than have the video automatically start to play through. I then created my AUDIO and VIDEO_TS folders, which took only a few minutes ( 15 ) and burned to DVD-R on the latest NERO using DVD video mode. That took 55 min.

Results were perfect!!! I'm very happy with the this little GEM!
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote