VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)

Poll: VCDs...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Dying but unlikely to go completely away, its still too usefull for some applications.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not a dead or dyeing formate. It is just as popular than ever. I perfer SVCD but VCD will never die. All the movie release groups release there movies in VCD and will probably stay that way.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    VCD is as dead as audio cassette..... which STILL isn't looking that sickly despite the rise of minidisc, CDR, mp3...

*goes off to make a new classical tape as a cheap birthday gift for grandma and another with some fresh stuff for the car whilst burning a newly ripped movie to VCD*

It's as much as you need, and so in most cases, why spend the extra 50% effort to get something 25% better, unless it's really necessary?
    (and there's a self admitted perfectionist saying that.. but even that has limits)
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote