VideoHelp Forum

Poll: My Home Movies....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    All just practice, but also of me and my friends.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I take seriously. They are mostly family, but I know they will be tresures at some time. Video editing is the hardest thing I've done on a computer, but also the most rewarding.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    "are taken in silent, 10 fps, 20-second QVGA bursts through my digital camera"

Some of use still dont have camcorders, and so this rather wierd early-15mm compromise has to be made instead. Got some good shots through it.. just flick it to movie instead of stillframe when out somewhere interesting (or stuck in the lab watching traffic) and take a random vid of something, or a chain of them. Clean up (always need cleaning from a fuji ), encode, and link if necessary in TMPGEnc, quickly prep a piece of music for the soundtrack (etc!), enc and mux it in.. voila.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I hate sauerkraut. Um. I mean. "Where was the 'totally random' button?"

Since buying it november, more than 2 gigs of digital photos. If there's one thing that'll make me buy a DVD burner... how reliable are those DVDRs?
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  4. lets see....friends, family, home paradys....but more than anything my little girl growing up....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by EddyH
    Some of use still dont have camcorders?
    And some of us don't have digital cameras
    My camcorder movies are saved off as bitmaps in virtualdub sometimes. Just ask my kids... they had 33000 pictures at Christmas....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mine are simply shots of my family.
    I just became a dad for the first time (Feb 2002) and use up 20 mins of tape every month - just finished my son's first year, all re-captured and then edited with Pinnacle 8 (I had captured and converted part of it to vcd a few months ago until I bought a dvd burner but this is special stuff and worth the extra re-capturing/re-authoring/re-encoding time).
    The results are superb and a superb collection of our son's first year.
    Before buying Pinnacle Studio 8 I was 'editing' with TMPGEnc
    I was just trimming the scenes I didn't want and using the fade facility on the camera itself!
    Pinnacle Studio has been a gift from God!
    Just bought a digital camcorder and the quality increase compared to the VHS-C camcorder I had before is incredible!
    Will
    ............Let's have a 'me and my family' option, those of us with family don't see our friends as much as we used to
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Right now, i'm mostly just goofing around. Filming me and my friends. However, we're writing a few short films that we're going to produce, and next year i'm going to college to major in television production.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    fmctm1sw, that sounds reminiscent of an avi (or 3) that my brother has made.. he got a digicam a few weeks after me (and a corking deal it was too.. grr, hate ) and though it takes any-length movies (with sound!) he's mainly conducting a one man mission against the worlds storage space with photographs. much like myself, but at least i could justify it as being for my project.

he took about 400+ photographs of a couple close together parties & nights out, very few of them being quick-succession ones... and blended them all together into a set of fast moving music videos. "psycho!"
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mostly it is me, the home, the family, my partner and special videos on holidays and the car. Don't forget the cat as well.

The only problem is the analog camera is getting a bit old and is hook-up into the computer.
    Quote Quote