VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What's the difference between "Quick Erase" and "Full erase" for DVD-RW?

I don't know which one to choose. Full erase takes a long time. It's like saying if you have time to spare then choose "Full erase" if you're in a hurry then choose "Quick erase".

What do they mean by completely erasing the disk with "Full erase". Is it like files will be hidden but still there when you "Quick erase"?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes Quick erase Just removes referance to the files, but they are still there taking up space. Full erase completly formats disk.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, then how come i can still burn full 4GB on Quick erased DVD-RW?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I erase my RW disks, I always choose quick erase and it has never failed on the subsequent burn to that disk.

Once it erases the reference files and such it doesn't know about the other data on the disk, so it just writes over it...

If you are going to write over the disk, just use quick erase...
    Use what works for you...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use DVD-RW Quick settings until the disc gets stubborn.
    Every 10th time or so, go ahead and do a FULL on it.
    I'm not online anymore. Ask BALDRICK, LORDSMURF or SATSTORM for help. PM's are ignored.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Txpharoah
    Just read your reply to this post above and also about using sticky labels on DVDs. I'd just like to say how refreshing it is to read your professional replies and helpful advice. It's a nice change Please stay around
    Guess what my plans are for Easter? Reburning a couple of dozen labelled DVDs onto new blank DVDs that certainly will not be getting labelled. Yes I am learning the hard way But there is a bright side. Since burning these dozen or so DVDs I have been learning how to use DVD Lab, and producing some very nice up-front Menus with my own imported jpegs as backgrounds, and even Menu music. So the reburned DVDs will look even better than the originals. Who cares if they don't have labels !!! It's what you see on-screen that really counts

Best wishes
    Zenzen
    Brisbane Australia
    Quote Quote