VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm creating a 2 movie dvd in MF and when creating the dvd image, it stops and states "Some chapter entry numbers exceed the total frames".
    Each of the movies have 23 chapters and I even thinned the original number of chapters to that. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just curious - how were the chapters created. Automatically or manually? For some reason the program seems to think the chapter begins on a frame that doesn't exist - for instance you have 10000 frames and the chapter is supposed to begin at frame 10002. I'm just guessing on this because I haven't actually run into this problem myself. Are you combining the moveis to make one long movie - or are they two separate videos once the dvd is complete?
    3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 105820974944
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well I pin pointed the problem. The file that I created through dvd2one, then demultiplexed/multiplexed into a mpeg file was the problem. I saw on another thread that if it wasn't reencoded with a 3:2 pulldown it will cause this error. I used their solution, the error went away, however now the audio is way off.
    As far as chapters, by manually do you mean "every 5 minutes" for example? If so my version of MF2 doesn't have that for some reason. But I do select the option for MF2 to select the closest scene for me.

I hope this was enough added info for someone to help me solve this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I am almost pleased to hear that someone else is having this identical problem.
    I encoded 2 AVI files to MPEG2 using TMPGENC and MF2 handles these OK with no chapters , but as soon as chpater pints are added - the error message.
    Like you its driving me mad, and I can get no help from Ulead, they do not answer the phone or reply to E mails.
    Any further thoughts
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem with a file that was 23.976 with a 3:2 pulldown and when i re-encoded to leave it at 29.97 the problem went away. This probably isn't what you want to hear but I couldn't find any fix for that bug other than re-encoding the file. These authoring programs are still in their infancy as fas as what they will accept so I chalk it up to that. If you manage to find the solution that doesn't involve re-encoding PLEASE post your method for the next generation
    Quote Quote