VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had posted this question, in the wrong group before, so here is my question.

I was having trouble with the new Version of "VCD Easy" do I uninstalled, then reinstalled my CD-RW (Iomega) now when I try to burn a DVD I get this Message" ERROR: Cannot setup device 2,0,0." can someone please tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks in Advance...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had the same problem with my NEC dvd+rw, trouble is now I can't burn to cd or dvd with any software. This all started after I used Force Driver on the setting page (mmc-generic and mmc-generic raw). Ive tried reinstalling the programs, checking the ASPI drivers, used force drive to revert to ASPI 4.60 but nothing seem to work. Ive checked the drive using device manager and it shows the drive working properly. This is driving me nuts! Pleas help!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I know the feeling Pan, I did the exact same thing, I have an "Iomega" CD-RW, now I can't burn anything, I even bought anothe program, that hasn't worked either...
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you find a fix let me know and Ill do the same for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, I'll do that...
    Quote Quote  
  6. I got my NEC DVD+RW working again, first I uninstalled the drive, then I uninstalle Roxio Easy CD creator. Restarted my computer, at which point XP installed the drivers. Then I reinstalled Easy CD Creator and went to
    http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml and downloaded the latest version of Creator. This worked for me, and I got the information from http://the-predator.tripod.com/. Hope this helps you.
    PanHead
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks Pan, for that info, because nothing has worked for me so far. I will try that, but tell me where exactly did you find the drives, on your PC. I found an Uninstall Sheild folder, on my PC where I found some Drive files, but I wasn't sure, if they beloonged to my CD-RW...
    Quote Quote  
  8. What OS are you using? After I uninstalled the DVD drive I rebooted and XP installed the required drivers. Did your CD-RW come with your computer or did you add it? I also found I had to install Easy CD Creator
    and update to the latest version inorder to get the DVD drive to work.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I am using Windows 98SE. I have an External CD-RW, made By Iomega, a 650 Zip...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Unistall your cd drive, then reinstall it if the install wizard doesn't start. When it asks put the software disk in that came with your cd drive. This should get you fresh drivers. I don't know if it matters but I have Easy CD Creator on my computer and I had to install the latest version (why that mattered I don't Know). I also uninstalled my cd copy software and reinstalled it. I guess I was shot gunning to get it fixed. All I know is it works and I've burned 4 DVD's since.
    Quote Quote