VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been trying to burn a decent quality vcd since I got this thing. I've downloaded a few avi (divx) files and used TMPGenca to convert them into mpg. The source I believe is 1:1 VGA Non-interlaced (is there anyway to find exactly what the source was in if I wasn't the author?), and I've been using the NTSC template...that is 352x240, 1150 b/s and I used the highest quality encode (slowest). I still seem to be getting some blocks and pixellation on the dvd player (seems to play fine on my computer though?!?) It seems my dvd player is really trying hard to read the disc through while watching (I hear the mechanism a lot)....well, is there any good settings or anything else to change in order to get rid of this blockiness and pixellation? I've been using the digital media cdr's and cdrw's from circuit city. Has anyone else solved this problem with the Sony DVP- S560D?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the same model sony. From what I have gathered it sounds like you are downloading movies that were poor quality from the start. I am mainly into dvd rips, I use the provided vcd template and convert high quality with the noise reduction filter. the noise reduction will take alot longer to encode but ive found it to be worth it. Also if you are using the Prinko disks from comp usa or circuit city I have found them to be poor media and your dvd player always sounds like its killing itself. The only disks that I have found to work 100% all the time are the Memorex CD-rw
    Platinum.

Majinbu
    Quote Quote  
  3. Do you know a good place to get these disc's?

Thanx for the reply
    Quote Quote