VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm trying to review some videos on my PC. when I try to watch it my PC becomes really slow and quality of the picture is becoming 144 instead of 720. Does anyone know what to do? It's my first time facing such an issue.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are these streaming videos, or videos stored on a local device? What format are the videos? What media player are you using? What background programs are running?

There are too many things you've left out of your description to be able to offer any useful advice.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your processor is probably at fault as could be your ram. It may be time to spend some money.

Or if your videos are on the internet then your internet speed needs upgrading.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Are these streaming videos, or videos stored on a local device? What format are the videos? What media player are you using? What background programs are running?

There are too many things you've left out of your description to be able to offer any useful advice.
    those videos are on my local storage. I'm using the basic windows app for videos. the programs running are folder and video itself
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by canon333 View Post
    Your processor is probably at fault as could be your ram. It may be time to spend some money.

Or if your videos are on the internet then your internet speed needs upgrading.
    Nope, the videos are on my local storage. I'm not using the internet to watch them
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try another app.
    Quote Quote  
  7. install VLC player and try with it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I agree with the VLC recommendation. The various media players bundled with Windows, or bundled with your computer by the manufacturer (e.g., Dell or HP) usually cause problems. VLC almost always gives you smooth playback, at full size and frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    install VLC player and try with it.
    I'll try this. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Yesterday my technician came and recommended to check my PC for viruses. He said that some spyware might be located in this video app. So I was looking for a good AV. I've found this page https://bestantiviruspro.org/review/totalav/ . And the virus scan showed me some sort of trojan virus which was located in the folder with my video app. so I've removed it and everything seems to be ok.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Reinstall your PC if you carry out security-relevant actions with it (e.g. online banking).
    Once it is infected with Trojans, it is compromised. Others can read and use your data.
    Quote Quote