VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi to all of you,

Just to introduce myself. I'm a video editing noob, and I wanted to make a video about event promotion and I did one with one freeware software that has pre-set effects, where if you want to extract the video it gets watermarked unless you pay which is pretty standard and I don't mind paying. However, I have Adobe Premier and I prefer to use it as I'm already paying for the full adobe suite. The issue is that I have no idea how to do these effects on Premier, which imo are pretty simple (that's how bad I am).

My plea is if anyone from you know these effects and how to recreate them on Premier. Moreover, for your convenience, I'll try to describe the effects so you can just answer them question by question. Here is the link to the video so you can see it and then look at the questions about the effects that I'm asking: Video Link Example

1. The background is a high-definition image of a city landscape that is a little bit zoomed-in and it moves from one side to the other, which gives some interesting motion of the picture.
    2. What is this effect/graphic or how to find this circle that rotates? (where the countdown numbers are situated)
    3. After the numbers are over they are timed with the other effect that appears from right to left and disappears from left to right, where I list the event name and the date.
    4. After that, there is just a white transparent rectangle with text inside of it.

Also, I'm open if you can give me some tips or effects packages (if there are any), that could help me better/improve the video or videos of this type that I plan to do.

Thank you for your time, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    MMEPX
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you have the full Adobe suite, use After Effects. Focus on one element at a time and see how to mimic it. Often it's more efficient to pre-build elements in Photoshop or Illustrator. There is a steep learning curve. That said, these effects are probably from a canned package you can download somewhere.

Keyframing, masks and wipes are your friends.
    Quote Quote