VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    using Sefy's method to rip my first DVD. So far so good, but there are SO MANY templates available for the final mpeg encoding stage. I'd appreciate a quick pointer as to which one I should use for VCD to play on an APEX DVD player.
    Also, step one of the process (the smartripper step) went as expected and took ~8 minutes on a PIII 1gig, but step 2 (dvd2avi)took 1hr 20min instead of the ~15 minutes shown in Sefy's example!! Any ideas if there's something wrong or is this kind of variation normal? (BTW I was reipping a 1Hr 20 min standard format cartoon DVD).
    Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I haven't ever had DvdToAvi last longer than 30 minutes. I have an AMD 900 with 512 Ram. I like the standard templates (NTSC). Did you follow these steps, 1. Open vob. 2. Enter Name to Save. 3. Save Project.
    Quote Quote  
  3. yes! those were the exact steps I used.
    I let it finish it took the full 1:20. I stopped the process once and rebooted the PC just incase....the second attempt took just as long. On the upside, the process completed properly, but the time used was ridiculous specially sincd the PC is a new PIII 1gig 256M 133 RAM and the HD has 14gig free!
    Are there other settings in DVD2AVI that might have slowed this down (resolution, etc?) I have not fooled with the default values, but not knowing what the defaults are it is hard to check.
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. i done 7 samurai it only took 40 mins and it ended up using 11 gig i would try re installing a different version if i was you just incase
    Quote Quote  
  5. a different version of DVD2avi?
    I have version 176 (?) loaded. Maybe I can just re-install it
    comments?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Check your audio setup....If you have the "48 -> 44.1" setting set for high, or ultra-high, it can take a long time...

cheers,

boykster
    Quote Quote