VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Gentlemen

I’ve got family camcorder recording that I’m trying to capture with virtualdub. The tape was previously chewed many years ago by a faulty vcr, about 20 minutes into the recording.

My question is, can I stop the capture in virtual dub just before it gets to the bad bit of tape, take vhs out of vcr, manually wind past the damaged part of tape and then restart capture from where I left off?

Or do I just have to make two separate captures?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    There is no such pause in Vdub even if did exist no one needs it anyway. Capture the first segment, then capture the second segment, Import the first segment into vdub and go to File then Append segment and click on the second segment, it will put all segments in the same timeline as long as they have the same incremental name such as Capture1, capture2, capture3 ...etc.
    Once both segments are in the time line trim the unwanted scenes and export your file, The whole process is lossless.

Trimming is done this way, Select the first frame of the scene to be removed, select the last frame of the scene to be removed (this frame is the first frame of the next scene to keep, this frame will not be deleted), then the segment to be removed will be highlighted, press delete on your keyboard and the scene is gone, then move to the next scene if any, once done save the project file just in case there is a problem so you don't have to do it again, then Save as and select your output format such as HuffYUV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thankyou, I’ll follow your instructions.
    Quote Quote