VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I got a DVD on my Hard Drive which I want to rip to individual VOBs based on Chapters, but I can't work out how...
    I tried using River Past DVD Quickrip, but you need to pay in order for it to properly work and the companys site is down.
    Are there any alternatives?

The DVD has 2 different Audiostreams (LPCM, and 5.1 DTS-HD) which I both want to include into the VOB files.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Freaky2003; 9th Apr 2022 at 18:17. Reason: adapted title
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Dvddecrypter

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Dvddecrypter

Scott
    This didn't worked for me...
    I selected my DVD Folder and selected "Mode ---> ifo". but than I can't start anything...

EDIT: What I selected was only the destination folder... How can I select my DVD folder?
    Last edited by Freaky2003; 10th Apr 2022 at 00:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Read directions further, you should be able to choose chapters, streams. Have done this many times, though most times I demuxed to elements. It's been awhile (5 years?) since I last did this, but the documentation is out there.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Read directions further, you should be able to choose chapters, streams. Have done this many times, though most times I demuxed to elements. It's been awhile (5 years?) since I last did this, but the documentation is out there.

Scott
    But I can't get my DVD loaded up in DVD Decrypter, how do I do this?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post

Scott
    I got ti to load now. I created an iso image from my DVD folder with Anyburn and mounted that into Windows Explorer. That way DVD Decrypter recognized it as a drive/disc.
    Only problem now, DVD Decrypter creates VOB with a length of ~15 Min. which are the same as in the DVD folder. It didn't split the Disc by chapters...
    Quote Quote  
  7. I now got what I want by using "SmartRipper"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Freaky2003 View Post
    I created an iso image from my DVD folder with Anyburn and mounted that into Windows Explorer. That way DVD Decrypter recognized it as a drive/disc.
    You don't have to do that. With it already decrypted to the hard drive, you just mount it using DAEMON Tools Lite or Virtual CloneDrive or some such. Then you can use DVDDecrypter to break it into chapters. I don't have DVD Decrypter on this computer, but look around in Mode or Tools and you'll find it.

Or, with the DVD on the hard drive, open PGCDemux, hit the dropdown box and extract the chapters. But that's one-by-one.

Edit Later: Either with the DVD in the player or with it already decrypted to the hard drive and mounted, perhaps in Virtual Clone Drive, open DVD Decrypter and go Tools->Settings->File Mode->File Splitting->By Cell ID.
    Last edited by manono; 11th Apr 2022 at 02:14.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Edit Later: Either with the DVD in the player or with it already decrypted to the hard drive and mounted, perhaps in Virtual Clone Drive, open DVD Decrypter and go Tools->Settings->File Mode->File Splitting->By Cell ID.
    I didn't know about that setting. I only read that you need to go to "Mode ---> Ifo" but that didn't work (porb. because I neede to change the setting you mentioned.

Anyways, "Streamripper" works just fine and I didn't needed to mount anything...
    But I didn't know you could mount a folder directly. Thanks for the Tip!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There is a "...by chapters" option somewhere in DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote