VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Kind of similar to a thread I posted in another sub-forum here. The DVD in question has 11 titles!! I'd like to do a rip with Handbrake but I don't want 11 mp4 files. I tried doing the eleven separate encodes and joining them with AviDemux but the results weren't pretty to say the least.

Would Handbrake or anything else encode multiple titles and join them into one file? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    If the dvd is decrypted already, I suppose you could use VobMerge to combine all the vob files into one. Use that as input into Handbrake.

Vob2Mpg should join them all and give you an mpeg2 file as output, so that is a second possible solution to prepare the movie prior to importing into Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'll give it a go and report back mate! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Worked a treat! Nice one mate
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    So I got a lovely mp4 file (with the correct runtime to boot!) from the massive 4.25GB vob file with Handbrake. I don't suppose it's possible to burn a DVD with the vob file? Or any merged vob file created with vobmerge please?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Burn a dvd? You mean turn it back into a dvd-video? Or just burn it to a disc as data? As data, its easy...just import into ImgBurn and have at it.

If you want it back in dvd-video format, you can import the vob file into AVStoDVD. This program will let dvd-video compliant audio and video pass through without re-encoding it, so you can output very quickly to dvd-video format. If AVStoDVD complains about not being able to import the vob file, you can rename the vob with an .mpg extension and that should work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Kerry56 you're my new best friend! Downloading AVStoDVD now! Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  8. I am sorry if I am posting this is the wrong place. I am new to ripping dvds. I have some dvds that I burned awhile back and want to rip them to an external hard drive. I dont have a problem with this but I want to separate the files. When I watch it it opens up like the dvd does with multiple episodes. I want to just have separate video files without the dvd menu popping up. I appreciate any hep I can get. I have dvd cloner but idk if what I want is possible with this program.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    ^Try using DVDDecrypter in IFO mode to get the separate episodes.
    Quote Quote