VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1207578#post1207578

was supposed to take 10 years to break 8)
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. next big news I wanna hear 50-Pack Verbatim Blu-Ray Disc Media $19.99 + free shipping
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wow...I'll bet even Sony is excited
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So does this mean anydvd hd's market monopoly will be eliminitated and free or lower cost alternatives for bd+ will soon breakout?

I'd love for a "blu-dvddecrypter" program to be developed.

Hoping

EDIT - I read on a little more and saw this was for LInux. Couple questions - are they working on a windows port? And if it was linux only can you do this with a live cd rather than a genuine install? Last question - it said something about a patched firmware was needed. I am rather leary of that implication. Would that mean this method only works with hacked firmware? I'm not sure I'd want to risk bricking a perfectly good bd rom drive even if I don't use it much......
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to take chances if you want to walk with the big boys, Yoda. I partially wrote some of my own firmware back in the early days of DVD-R, and I barely knew what I was doing. But it worked, and it was awesome what I gained from it. That's why I originally joined some forums online, to discuss this very topic. But along the way I most certainly ruined a few things. In the long-run, what I gained was worth it.

Then again, copying official releases has never been worth it, in my opinion. I was after other stuff with early DVD burners, such as forcing 2x, altering media ID info, and playing my PAL DVDs.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I downloaded it to see and dump hd is useable on windows. However it was not able to load aacs keys. I don't know how to get the library loaded - I had downloaded the key package.

However it read my disc without hacking but was not to find it in the library since it wasn't loaded with the key package.

Ah well I guess I'll wait until either I decide to fork over the money for anydvd hd or a simplified version like dvd decrypter is implemented.....

@lordsmurf - I guess I'm not ready yet then
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    BD+ was ALREADY cracked many months ago in anydvd and maybe DVDFab HD Decrypter. This is simply the first free tool to do so.

I'm a little surprised that this is a Linux tool, but I guess that's the choice of the programmer. If he makes his source code available then I'm sure it will soon be ported to Windows. If he decides to go the DVD Decrypter route and keep his source code to himself, then I doubt it will be ported as if he wrote it in Linux to begin with, he's probably not interested in getting it working in Windows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @jman98 - its already doable on windows - VISTA no less Just download dumphd from the link through vhelp and it will work on windows.

Is dvdfabhddecrypter cheaper than anydvd? (the version with bd support that is - i know its normal stripped down version is free) I don't know if it really does bd+ or not either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yoda313 - afaik only anydvd has thus far implemented BD+ removal.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote