VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to copy the material on it and transfer to another?
    Quote Quote  
  2. As long as it can be discovered by the OS then it can be copied. Remove the HD and connect to your computer. You should hear it spinning. Check the OS to see if it was discovered. If it was, then use of several programs to copy to another drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As long as all the drives are ide,can't do it if there are any sata drives.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are adapters that allow connecting an IDE drive to a modern computer's USB port. Here is one example that also supports SATA drives: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-FIDECO-Converter-5-25-Inch-DVD-ROM/dp/B077N2KK27/
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Why not just plug in a usb flash drive and copy the files there?You can move the files to any computer with no issues.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I looked at the manual. The USB port does allow connecting a USB HDD or USB flash drive. (The drives must be FAT32 formatted). Audio files and jpg photo files can be copied to or from attached USB storage devices to the internal HDD. Maybe I overlooked something, but I didn't find any mention of copying video recordings from the internal HDD to an attached USB drive.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the receiver uses copy protection on the recordings - https://www.manuals.ca/samsung/dtb-p770v/manual?p=75
    page 75/131
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then you can't copy anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to that page in the manual, the copy-protection is macrovision. But would it natively record as such or simply accept, as what happened in the past with our sat. broadcaster that they sent copy-protection signals for certain channels and the STB simply decoded that for playback.

Either way, and even if the signal is recorded, you should still be able to capture the playback in real time with a device - and they do exist - that ignores mv. Of course if the mv variant was proprietory then there is no guarantee that even this would work.

Only one way to find out.
    Quote Quote