VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone

I want to add video audio to another video with no audio but without conversion or losing quality, if it is possible.

Both videos have the same format (mp4).

Thank you !
    Quote Quote  
  2. ffmpeg -i "video.mp4" -i "audio.mp4" -c copy -map 0:v -map 1:a "out.mp4"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    ffmpeg -i "video.mp4" -i "audio.mp4" -c copy -map 0:v -map 1:a "out.mp4"
    Thank you for your answer !

Does this process need conversion/changing quality or "out.mp4" is the copy of "video.mp4" merged with the audio of "audio.mp4" ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by aaajan View Post
    Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    Does this process need conversion/changing quality
    No

or "out.mp4" is the copy of "video.mp4" merged with the audio of "audio.mp4" ?
    Yes
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by aaajan View Post
    Does this process need conversion/changing quality or "out.mp4" is the copy of "video.mp4" merged with the audio of "audio.mp4" ?
    No, this is a pure remux.

If you prefer to use a GUI instead of a command line, you can try my clever FFmpeg GUI.
    Load your video file without audio, wait for the analysis, click Main, click Multiplex, the videostream is already selected, click Audio stream, select your audio file (this can be a video WITH audio or a pure audio file), click Target File, accept the suggested name, select the audio language, the container (mkv or mp4) and the desired aspect ratio. Click Mutiplex, done.
    Last edited by ProWo; 16th Mar 2021 at 11:42.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Perfect ! Thank you Everyone !
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    If I understood, "video.mp4" and "audio.mp4" should be in the same folder of ffmpeg.exe "bin" ?

For "out.mp4" , Should I leave the name "out" as is or I can write any name ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. You can change all the names/filepaths, only the output extension is important.
    If it isn't available on the Path, you can copy ffmpeg.exe to your work folder.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398507-Top10-Commands-for-Lossless-Video-manipulat...eg-%28Guide%29
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    You can change all the names/filepaths, only the output extension is important.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398507-Top10-Commands-for-Lossless-Video-manipulat...eg-%28Guide%29
    Perfect ! Thank you again !
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    You can change all the names/filepaths, only the output extension is important.

Sorry, I have last questions. If I understood, only ffmpeg.exe are important in the whole folder when editing video ? (even for cut on keyframes)

I mean "doc" , "presets" folders and other files won't play any role in video editing process ?

Does ffmpeg.exe work well on mkv files when it comes to cut on keyframes ?
    Last edited by aaajan; 21st Mar 2021 at 07:35.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by aaajan View Post
    Sorry, I have last questions. If I understood, only ffmpeg.exe are important in the whole folder when editing video ? (even for cut on keyframes)

I mean "doc" , "presets" folders and other files won't play any role in video editing process ?
    Correct.

Originally Posted by aaajan
    Sure. Though you could also use mkvmerge/mkvtoolnix in this case.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    Originally Posted by aaajan View Post

Correct.

Originally Posted by aaajan
    Sure. Though you could also use mkvmerge/mkvtoolnix in this case.
    Perfect ! Thank you very much !
    Quote Quote  
  13. There is something I want to be sure of.

On the download page https://www.videohelp.com/software/ffmpeg , there are various versions until the last one (ffmpeg 4.3.2) ,

which version do you recommend me if I use Windows 10 x64 ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Latest stable release should do fine.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by butterw View Post
    Latest stable release should do fine.
    OK. Thank you very much !
    Quote Quote