VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is there any way to put one full movie on a 700 MB writable?or do they have to be seperated on to two differenty disc
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It all depends on the lenght of thew movie you're talking about and the kind of quality you want to achive.

For a "regular" movie in VCD format, you might be able to get away with it. If you want to do SVCD you'll most likely want to go for 2 CD's.

Again it all depends on what kind of quality picture you want and/or expect. If this isn't enough of an answer you might want to add what kind of quality you're looking for, ie; doesn't matter (just 1 CD), decent, good, almost DVD, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i am looking for decent to good quality any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Decent quaility is a matter of opinion. The VCD standard allows 74min on a 74min CDR and 80min on an 80min CDR. From a DVD rip you'll get better than VHS quaility. Now since most movies are 90~120min to fit the whole thing on 1 disc you have to lower the bitrate, this will reduce the quaility.

Since CDRs are so cheap I just put movies on two 80min CDRs. Normally ~1hr on each disc (that way I can increase the bitrate for better quaility.

For best results use TMPGencs 2pass VBR w/ motion search set to high; or CCEs multipass VBR (i normally use CCE 3pass VBR, above that is over kill).

If you're a complete newbie and worried about all the different settings give DVD2SVCD, DVDx, etc. a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, IMOHO CCE is the way to go. If you need help check out the how-to's on this site.

If you're looking for good quality then you'll need to with at least 2 CD's (if over 2hrs. maybe 3).

A tip... no matter what you encode with, use FitCD. It's an excellent bitrate calculator.
    Quote Quote