VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What kind of gamer are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So what types of games are you most interested in?

I'd say action for me followed by flight sim (space variety) second.

I also like traditional retro rpg games like zelda. I never really got into final fantasy. Though now that I actually have a ps2 maybe I should give it another shot....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. BF2 ,and Day of defeat source
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Fighting games, fighting games, and fighting games.
    KOF, SF ex2, MBAC, KI, Tekken 5, and so on.

======
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I enjoy the Role-Playing games....Peter Parker into Spiderman He-He!!!!
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had to go with "other". If you hadn't included non-computer games it would have been "Not a Gamer". I enjoy non-computer puzzles like Sudoku, Word search, and the like, as well as "Jump the Pegs" games. I have played these on a computer, I've even written programs to allow you to play them on the computer, but I don't consider them computer games.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  6. I voted "other" because there was no option for Adventure and/or RPG games. I like the old, classic adventure games like Space Quest, Ultima series, Sam N' Max and the older RPG games like Baldur's Gate. Give me any of the classic Sierra and Origin games any day. In fact I bought the new Sam N' Max 2 Season 1 and Bone series from http://www.telltalegames.com recently too. About the only adventure games on the market.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey, Arcade is not in the list, and I have to vote "other".
    I still managed to beat my kid on pigout, most of the time.

Quote Quote  
  8. How about 'strategic'? Only game i ever play is Worms Armageddon. A strategic game that has endless possibilities and is still really popular 8 years after its release because of the community-invented variations. Requires skills that you'll build up after years of play in wich you'll be called effing n00b many times
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Half Life 2, Trackmania Sunrise/United and Mario Kart (DS) are the only games I have played the last ~5 years...or well I might try some demos and webgames now and then also...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I play "Rise of Nations" quite a bit which is a real time stategy game, if the next version implements a FPS mode I'll take a wild guess it will be one of the best games of all time. Imagine playing Battlefield except there's now a economical element and you lose if your capital city gets taken. Running around in town with horse archer in classical age picking off the citizens... Sabotaging stuff in idustrial age+, what fun that would be. Would be excellent team multi player game.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Puzzle games to while 5 minutes away. Not games that require at least 3 hours dedicated time to be even worth loading up. I simply don't have that.
    Tetris is still #1 on my list.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  12. I voted Other:

I mainly play Race game (Re-Volt, NFS,...)
    Simulation: FlightSim, Train Sim
    Management: SimCity, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Transport Tycoon
    And sports a few years ago.

For Now, I play Re-Volt and TrainSim
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What dont I have ... short list

Pc :

Halflife 2 , doom3 , true crime , igi2 , quake4 , farcry , roller coaster 2 , plus another 400 .

Ps2 :

Black , desert storm , vietcong / purple haze , gta / all , starwars battlefront , race driver , getaway , crazy taxi , plus .

Xbox :

Cold fear , stolen , kingkong , the punisher , area 51 , halo1 , halo2 , pariah , starwars republic commando , driver3r ...

Xbox360 :

Gears of war ... I'll get more ... later

Real life :

Golf ... I hit a mean 1 iron ... wilson firesticks ... got many trophies .
    And whats a sand trap ? ... havent got into one in the last 7 years .

And they wonder how I get any work done ... lol

I'll get the ps3 ... when it comes down , not till then .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's an 8 ft. pool table (built by me) and a "Wizard" pinball machine in our game room.

That's about all the gaming I care for.

Now my kids are a different matter. Although, I must admit to having to keep my pool skills sharpened because, if I don't, son #2 will eventually kick my ass. 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Combination of the above and other for me. I like Doom, Mario, and Madden. Since I got a Wii I've been hooked on the WarioWare Smooth Moves (which would be classified as other). Also love playing Guitar Hero.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Almost checked sports, but I don't really like the normal sports games. Enjoy playing boxing/fighting games, just about any race game, and the Tony Hawk series. Just finished NFS Carbon for the Wii. A little too easy, and not nearly as good as Most Wanted. Glad I have Most Wanted for the Game Cube. Love Ring King on my Dreamcast (NES emulation), Tekken 2 still holds a warm spot in my heart, along with DOA, and Battle Arena Toshinden.

As far as PC games go, does Spades count? Never really cared too much for PC games. I'm the type of gamer that only plays 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there. Too short of an attention span to really get involved in a game anymore. The last game I actually sat down to complete was FF VII on the Playstation. We all know how long ago that was.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HALO....and not that good at it! kids kick my arse........
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    GUITAR HERO !!!!!
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see that about a third of the forum members who responded to the poll are not gamers at all and only 20% are first person shooters. I suspect that the percentage of forum members who are not gamers is much higher because many who aren't couldn't be bothered to respond to a poll about something they have no interest in. I'm really not surprised at that. Hard core gaming is an addiction. Those who suffer from it often have little else in their life. A forum like Video Help would be of no interest to them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I picked Other because you left out MMORPGs!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Flight simulations. You haven't experienced nothing until you've done a live dogfight in IL-2/Pacific Fighters using TrackIR. The mission are pretty cool, lots of planes, formation flying, bombing runs, dogfights, etc. (WW2 stuff). The very realistic damage modeling is top rate. Flight Sim X is also fun for a relaxing evening. I occasionally play RTS and FPS too.
    Usually long gone and forgotten
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    primarily a console & arcade gamer
    Where's the Racing/Driving option (NOT simulation!)
    First person shooters, Action, puzzle games, and board style games
    Mario Party rocks!
    I just bought a Wii on Saturday, probably pick up Mario Party 8 this Friday along with the wireless adapter and a classic controller.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote