VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have the free version of dvd-rb (would buy if i can get it working rite) & using hc to re-encode in 1 click mode... my problem is when backing up wonderwoman the series & a few other movies, the video usually freezes close to the end (like in pause)... is it the program, a setting thats wrong, or my burner?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Log might help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried the DVD-RB forum at afterdawn?

Have you tried using QuEnc (also included, also free) to encode?

With the same results.

I've been using the paid version since 1.1, and haven't seen what you are seeing.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    ...the video usually freezes close to the end (like in pause)
    If this video very nearly fills the dvd, you may be experiencing some problems with poor quality media. One of the symptoms is poor playback from data burned near the edge of the disc. What discs are you using, and what speed are you burning them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    imgburn does whatever speed it wants... the disks are phillips dvd+r 16x ... cant get the log (imgburn log) i have to accept the errors on verify mode... if it gives an option to save i guess i didnt see it after the long string of hitting ignore or whatever the option is
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    classfour yes i tried each option... hc & quenc, & rejig... none of the paid options... if it matters im takin 25% quality from the menues devoting it to the main title too
    Quote Quote  
  7. The symptoms you describe most likely indicate a media problem.

Look more closely, you can set the burn speed in ImgBurn. Philips blanks are almost certainly CMC Mag M01-00, which are second-class at best. I use them for *tossers*, i.e. not critically important AVCHD backups. In my experience they are fairly reliable if burnt at 8x, unreliable if burnt at full rated speed, although the specific burner used may also affect the success/failure rate with these discs.

You can try setting the output size in DVDRB to a hundred or so MBs smaller, which often will solve the problem.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for all the responces... ill look into it, picked these 100 disks up cheep.... shoulda figured it was too good to be true
    Quote Quote  
  9. You'll be able to use them, so long as you take the proper precautions. You can still expect the occasional failure even so. Best to verify the disc after burning. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I would try burning those discs at 4x instead of 8x. With poor quality media we have had reports of lower speed burning fixing the kind of problem the original poster has.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    4x was an improvement... 2x was better & the 100 mb trick worked
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!