VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi friends,
    I am going to buy a WD player for work (for home I have a NMT C-200)
    The remote looks pretty simplistic, and the "Rev" button cannot mean anything else than a "play backwards" but still I would like to hear a confirmation from someone who has it:
    1. Does WD payers play backwards. For our purposes (show educational videos to students) it is very convenient to be able to go back a few seconds then play again normally.

Same (or even) better effect would be achieved if they had a "A-B" button, but they don't.

2. Is it a risk to buy a "recertified" one:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136452&cm_re=wd_media_player_h...-452-_-Product

Thanks !
    Best wishes,
    UP
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't feel comfortable with that word "play" as that implies something to me that you may not mean, but yes, the WD players can go backwards in video by pressing the Rev button. The video skips backwards so it's not really like playing backwards, at least not to me. It's not particularly precise, but basically you can do what you want to do, yes. Just note that you may have to go back, say, 15-20 seconds instead of just a few seconds depending on your video type.

I would not think it's a risk to buy a recertified player. I bought a recertified Norelco electric razor over 8 years ago and it still works. But of course I cannot give you a personal 100% guarantee that you will not have any issues, but in general I think it should be OK.
    Quote Quote