VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,

i have some mp3 which are conflicted, not corrupted, but they can"t be import in the library on my mp3 device (so the whole librairy is canceled).

the cause is some avec bad tag sync in the coverart tag like that :

which software library managment would help me to search them by "coverart" field ?

thank for help
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	40695  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Mp3tag allows you to filter by %_cover_mimetype%, but I don't know if using image/png as the mime type would show those files, since it shows image/jpeg in the top pane of your screenshot. And filtering by image/jpeg might show a lot more files than what you want.

Unfortunately, it does not allow you to filter by the cover art description field. But it may still be better than trying to examine each file individually.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-24.png
Views:	374
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	40699
    Do or do not. There is no "try." - Yoda
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looks like your mp3 player doesnt like png coverart
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    Looks like your mp3 player doesnt like png coverart
    it loves and support PNG but the problem is that there is jpeg stream data in the field COVERART and a mime type different from the one included (not stream data) picture.

the problem is i need to find which file have different info between the ream image embeded and the mimetype !
    and (most important) which files have stream data picture !!!!?? Even mp3tag does not clean/erase this stream pictuire when i use the delete function.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Then you have to clean your files manually
    by
    1. saving the covert art
    2. loading the pic in an editor
    3. saving it
    4. importing it back to your mp3

I use Tag & Rename for this
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My best guess is that the image file(s) that were used for the cover art had a .JPG extension, but actually contained PNG image data. So when they were added to the MP3 files, it set %_cover_mimetype% as image/jpeg because of the filename, and whatever program was used to add the cover art allowed it because it recognized the file as a valid image without checking the %_cover_mimetype%. Software with stricter rules will throw up the error – like yours did – because the actual image data and the %_cover_mimetype% don't match.

If you open such an image file with IrfanView, it asks if you want to correct the extension.

Name:	2017-02-24 (2).png
Views:	339
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	40723

I'm not actually familiar with mp3tag, other than briefly experimenting with its search function for the sake of this thread. I have been using ID3-TagIt for years. It makes it very easy to add, remove, and extract artwork on MP3 files (and contrary to the first review that shows up on the page, it does work just fine even in Windows 10). But its search capabilities aren't as powerful as mp3tag's.

Name:	2017-02-24 (1).png
Views:	323
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	40722
    Quote Quote  
  7. hi,

thank you for the tips, so i try.

i try to find the files using the mp3tag filter.

but i can't find the right function to use.

i would use this filter :
    %LOG% IS exist_field() : to find evey mp3 with 'LOG' extend fields (or meta field..)

but the function exist_field() does not appear in the list.
    is there another way to build such filter expression ?

i search in the helper file C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag\help\main_filter.html, but there is no exemple to "how to find a fiel with the field existence XXXX".

i even tested the filter $len(%_COVERART%)" GREATER 40000" but it did not return the good result.

i tested too :
    NOT <LOG> MISSING but not working

also
    <LOG> PRESENT but not working

My first need is to find them (amonst thousands files) , so at least i will deal with them one by one to clean the fields.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Coverfields are probably binary attachments
    so text functions may no work on them

Change Tag Editor to Tag&Rename
    http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm
    There is an option to tag cover resizing and conversion of pngs to jpg
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    So I did a little experiment, and this might help you IF the cover art descriptions in the offending files contain at least a section of identical characters, even if the entire descriptions aren't identical.

To set up my test, I manually added the description Freemake\Amazing Grace.png to the file I have been using as an example here...

Name:	2017-02-25 (1).png
Views:	297
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	40726

Which then shows up as a text string in the MP3 file...

Name:	2017-02-25 (2).png
Views:	294
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	40727

I then open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and use the findstr (Find String) command to search for files containing the string "Freemake", and out of the 231 possible files, that file shows up. Unlike the Windows search function, which is limited to standard text-type files (TXT, DOC, etc.) when searching file contents, the findstr command searches all files.

Name:	2017-02-25 (3).png
Views:	298
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	40728

The options I used for the command are:
    • /I - Specifies that the search is not to be case-sensitive.
    • /M - Prints only the filename if a file contains a match.
    • /S - Searches for matching files in the current directory and all subdirectories.
    • *.* - Wildcard symbols to search all files

You would only need to search for a short substring – maybe just the "4aaqskzjrgabaqaaaqabaad" from the beginning of the string (with the /I option, you don't need to worry about which letters are upper or lower case) – just as I only searched for the word "Freemake".
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Michael REMY View Post
    i even tested the filter $len(%_COVERART%)" GREATER 40000" but it did not return the good result.
    And if the description is indeed 40000 characters long, that is probably the problem, and not the discrepancy between jpeg and png.
    Quote Quote  
  11. it is ok, i solved the problem.

mpt3tag can search in a whole folder with the filter "COVERART PRESENT" !
    and it runs fine !!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Michael REMY View Post
    it is ok, i solved the problem.

mpt3tag can search in a whole folder with the filter "COVERART PRESENT" !
    and it runs fine !!!
    If that works for you, fantastic. It doesn't show any files on my screen, but then again I don't have any of your problem files to test it on.
    Quote Quote