VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm sure that this has been asked countless times but I can't seem to find the answer.

After searching around newsgroups for movies I have noticed that they all are broken up into section (.r01, .r02, etc...)

My question is what Mac program do you use to put the pieces back together in a watchable format. I'm not concerned about burn to disc, yet. I would just like to be able to watch them on my desktop.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is it a mov file? You can combine them with quicktime. If its mpg im not sure if you can but just mess with things and see what happens...
    Quote Quote  
  3. All u need is winrar.
    To unzip .zip file u need winzip.
    Similar way to unzip all (.rar, .r00 .r01 etc) u need winrar. I'm not sure winrar is available for mac? why don't u search "winrar" using yahoo or lycos
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You will need winrar to put the files back together again. I just looked at their site and it looks like they have a version for mac. Check out http://www.winrar-usa.com/html/downloadfreestart.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home. Now I need to hunt around for some good movies to try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. stuffit expander 6 handles rar files (as well as zip), you just drop the first file
    Quote Quote