VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I would like to be able to watch 2 angles SIMULTANEOUSLY. My current dvd software is powerdvd and I don't think it has this feature. Yes, I can watch different angles separately, but not simultaneously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I don't know if thats possible straight off the disc. You would need two lasers to read simultaneously I would imagine since its off the same point of the disc.

Here's something you could try:

Rip the disc to the harddrive. Then load that into one software dvd player and play the main movie off the dvd. Then if you can synchronize it you might be able to watch it in split windows.

Another option may be to hardcode the video into a split screen from the different angles. I don't know how to do that but I'm sure its possible.

Kevin

PS - of course you could always make a copy of the disc and watch it on a tv next to your monitor so that you have them playing at the same time
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey kevin,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I dunno. What you say about the laser is probably correct. I have seen those tvs with a picture in a picture. Also, I think some vcrs have it. I wonder in the case of the vcr, if the pick up head has to read two places at once on the tape...
    Hmmmm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any other ideas out there???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Never seen a PIP VCR, do not think those exist.
    You need a dual-laser DVD, none exist that I know.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can always edit/author your DVD with the two views visible.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only way you would be able to do it would be if you ripped the DVD to hard drive, separate out the different video angles and then used an editing package to overlay the two separate video streams. Save this as a further video stream and play that. An awful lot of work to go to, and expense as any editing package capable of generating PiP images isn't going to be cheap.

A VCR can do PiP but only when the two pictures are coming from different sources, live TV from the tuner and video from the tape. Some have dual tuners so you can watch one channel while recording another so they can show you the output of both tuners. A DVD player doesn't have a tuner and can only play one part of the one disc that is in it so the answer is, no you can't do it.
    Quote Quote