VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I know it is not best combination H265+mp3 either in MP4 or MKV. But using in Potplayer as video decoder Nvidia Cuda decoder I got fps around 17fps at 25fps video. And I have to add that CPU is around 10% for all processes during playing and GPU is around 5% . If I use any other video decoder (Built in, ffmpeg, or even ffmpeg Cuda decoder) video is playing smoothly at 25fps. I'm just curious if anybody can replicate it, or told me why is this happening.
    The reason I have audio in mp3 is because it is not in my native language with very low quality. And I don't want to spoil it even more with another compression. (Yes, aac wouldn't destroyed it much) but audio is on the edge of understanding.
    Maybe Nvidia just doesn't take in account weird people like me, that holds mp3 audio with hevc. But on other hand, what audio has to do with video decoding?
    Thank you for all of your replies, and sorry for my poor english.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you got a different result with ffmpeg cuda decoder, it can be a bug. There is a dedicated forum to report and discuss issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for reply sheppaul,
    can you show me where is the forum? Or you mean forum on Nvidia page? The only problem I have is with Nvidia Cuda decoder AKA CUVID. FFmpeg Cuda decoder is o.k.
    Thank you

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you're talking about the built-in cuda decoder of Potplayer, see here.

https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    there are only Nvidia and ffmpeg versions of Cuda Decoder.
    Thank you for the link, but I tried to register here earlier, but without success. Some vicious circle in registration.
    Thank you again.

Bernix
    Quote Quote