VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow. Now that's a desperation move. A crappy encoder and no decryption.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pretty sure that it only applies to blufab. dvdfab will still continue to get updates - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24830
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    pretty sure that it only applies to blufab. dvdfab will still continue to get updates - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24830
    I wonder how much it cost Hollywood in bribes to the right Chinese government officials to get this outcome?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's time to forget about the wheels and turn his gaze to facilitate access by purchasing a digital copy
    SmartTV is a killer dvd / bluray epochs
    Companies must constantly changing / adapt to the mood of people and not vice versa
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pretty sure that it only applies to Blu...[/url]
    I found a thread over there that used "DVDFab will no longer" as well. Either way, we can see the handwriting on the wall. Unfortunately, but I do hope monopoly-power can't overwhelm consumer demand. Oh well, I guess I only thought we were in a GOOD capital, free-enterprise system rather than a system of Bloc "No Votes" instead... how could any of us believe that?!!

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OllieTSB View Post
    pretty sure that it only applies to Blu...[/url]
    I found a thread over there that used "DVDFab will no longer" as well. Either way, we can see the handwriting on the wall. Unfortunately, but I do hope monopoly-power can't overwhelm consumer demand. Oh well, I guess I only thought we were in a GOOD capital, free-enterprise system rather than a system of Bloc "No Votes" instead... how could any of us believe that?!!

read here - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24820
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder how much it cost Hollywood in bribes to the right Chinese government officials to get this outcome?
    What country produces hardware players dvd / bluray?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmmm, where does it say that in the link you posted ?

Okay, it's in another link.

They are both pretty useless without the decryption feature and I did not know they were making two, seems like the name was just changed but still the same software.

I wonder what will happen with Passkey for Blu-ray ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post

They are both pretty useless without the decryption feature and I did not know they were making two, seems like the name was just changed but still the same software.

Go back and read all the threads again.

Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by SWBisbee View Post

Regards,

No thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SWBisbee View Post

Regards,
    Maybe you should, because the first and second links go to the same thing!!!!!

Only the link he POSTED THE SECOND TIME talks about them being split.

Maybe you should read mine again seeing as I addressed it BEFORE you posted!!

@$$HATS!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. According to the latest news from DVDFab, BluFab will no longer decrypt but users who had previously paid for DVDFab (which is no longer being sold) will continue to receive decryption in DVDFab. I am a paid DVDFab user and hope it's true but I have my doubts. I don't know how they are going to sell BluFab without the decryption abilities. Probably some will buy it that don't read and be pissed when they then find out it won't crack protection anymore. But after that, I don't know how DVDFab is going to make any money. It also doesn't make much sense to me that they would buckle under to Hollywood but then continue to support it's previous product. Hollywood certainly won't be happy about that and I suspect DVDFab hasn't felt the full pressure yet from them. No telling what is going to happen in the next few days or months. I hear AnyDVD is also having their own legal problems so no telling what going to happen there either.
    I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3, GTX 770, Asus V278H, Z Blaster, 2 DVD Burners, Corsair M500 120 GB SSD, 2 WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, Logitech Z-5500, Corsair TX750, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Win10 Pro x64
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SWBisbee View Post

Regards,
    Maybe you should, because the first and second links go to the same thing!!!!!

Only the link he POSTED THE SECOND TIME talks about them being split.

Maybe you should read mine again seeing as I addressed it BEFORE you posted!!

@$$HATS!!
    DVDFab 9.1.3.6 still decryptes but not BluFab 9.1.3.6
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    I would guess that since they're promising updates for Fab, that Passkey would be updated as well. For those who haven't already purchased it though, it seems there's no longer a way to do so. (Amazon Payments, PayPal, MC, Visa, some named banks, etc, are forbidden to process payments).

Tell you what though, I ran Passkey for at least 2 years with updates turned off (just to see) and never failed to extract *main movie*. (I almost never do full disc, and when I do, it's a disc with episodes). I finally did have to update it a couple months ago. That leads me to believe that it's mainly BD+ protections that require all the updates.

I suppose one could download and install the last version of DVDFabPasskey. Once the trial expires, it's the "Lite" or free version. From the description:

"Passkey Lite is a free and a simple two-in-one version of Passkey for DVD and Passkey for Blu-ray, and supports part of the functions they have.
    It can still decrypt protected DVD and Blu-ray, but not for all of them. For example, it can't remove AACS V12+, BDAV, and AVCREC for Blu-ray, so you are not allowed to watch movies with those protections. It doesn't support CPRM for DVD, and PathPlayer is not enabled, so ARccOS, RipGuard, can't be removed. As a result, you can't copy those still protected DVDs, but you are able to freely watch them.
    What adds punch to Passkey Lite is it can work with all the software that Passkey for DVD and Passkey for Blu-ray works with. You are enabled to use these apps to play/copy/rip the unprotected DVD/Blu-ray discs."

The above seems to indicate you could still use, say, Clown_BD to extract main movie from most BDs. I'd guess it would work (main movie, mind you) for nearly all discs for a couple years.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 22nd Mar 2014 at 10:52.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  15. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I can tell, the two products DVDFab and BluFab will co-exist and DVDFab will still be sold to new customers and not only the existing ones. I downloaded DVDFab 9.1.3.6 from www.dvdfab.cn and installed it and it still decrypts DVD and Blu-ray.

So it seems that DVDFab will continue as it always was and BluFab is like DVDfab exept for the Decrypting capabilities. I guess this is a marketing strategy to be able to sell BluFab in regions where DVDFab will be legally restricted.

If you lokk at the modules contained in both products, You'll see that DVDFab still has DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper and HD Decrypter. BluFab, on the other han, doen't have HD Decrypter and instead of the Ripper modules it has DVD Converter and Blu-ray Converter (i.e. no decrypting).
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    You can download DVDFab at the moment, but will anyone be able to buy it? Not now, at any rate:

Payment System Upgrade Notice

Sorry, WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS ORDERS FOR NOW, as our online store and payment system are currently being upgraded to assist our new marketing strategy. Please keep an eye on our website, we will come back soon!

The future of all their decryption capabilities is still up in the air. Until they come out with a clear explanation, we're just speculating.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No matter what the websites or their forums may post at this minute, we users are still the ultimate testers - DVDFab 9136 decrypts, so that's going to remain useful for those projects. Fengtao's use of "identical or better" services for BluFAB seems the wrong horn to toot, though, especially since 9.136 has lesser 'services' - not identical and clearly not better. I wonder if they're hiring DVDRanger's PR Team to guide them? No... probably not. They're still allowed genuine issues to be brought up on their FAB forums!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    So it seems that DVDFab will continue as it always was and BluFab is like DVDfab exept for the Decrypting capabilities. I guess this is a marketing strategy to be able to sell BluFab in regions where DVDFab will be legally restricted.
    I'm starting to suspect that this may be nothing more than a cash grab to move decryption into only a paid for standalone product, but we shall see.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
    According to the latest news from DVDFab, BluFab will no longer decrypt but users who had previously paid for DVDFab (which is no longer being sold) will continue to receive decryption in DVDFab. I am a paid DVDFab user and hope it's true but I have my doubts. I don't know how they are going to sell BluFab without the decryption abilities. Probably some will buy it that don't read and be pissed when they then find out it won't crack protection anymore. But after that, I don't know how DVDFab is going to make any money. It also doesn't make much sense to me that they would buckle under to Hollywood but then continue to support it's previous product. Hollywood certainly won't be happy about that and I suspect DVDFab hasn't felt the full pressure yet from them. No telling what is going to happen in the next few days or months. I hear AnyDVD is also having their own legal problems so no telling what going to happen there either.
    I am a DVDFab all in one lifetimer and can confirm that when you update DVD9 it will update to BluFab9 without the decryption which makes it a copier from HDD to DVD/Blu ray with the ability of converting to other video formats. while DVDFab 8 QT that's still available has decryption available for Past US customers but for how much longer is unknown.

I emailed DVDFab support with their response to me being a US customer that due to their legal battle with the US BluFab will no long support decrypting to it's US customers and that if a past US customer wants the decrypting they must use DVDFab 8 QT or have a extended family member from another country purchase a new license for their all in one product where decrypting isn't illegal. So US based customers get screwed even if we previously payed $300 for a life time all in one license.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Part of what you just said is simply not true. I also purchased a lifetime license years ago. DVDFab v9 is still being updated with full decryption if you already had a lifetime license period, not matter where you live (I live in the US). I've already had at least 5 DVDFab updates since this issue happened with no changes or problems. It's business as usual for those lifetime license holders.

The changes are that the full decrypting DVDFab is no longer being sold in the US so if you didn't already have a license, you are out of luck. All you can buy now is Blufab that has no decryption capability. But, as I said if you already had a DVDFab lifetime license, nothing has changed. In fact if you were one of those DVDFab lifetime license holders and had Blufab installed, the first time you update DVDFab, it will automatically un-install BluFab.
    I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3, GTX 770, Asus V278H, Z Blaster, 2 DVD Burners, Corsair M500 120 GB SSD, 2 WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, Logitech Z-5500, Corsair TX750, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Win10 Pro x64
    Quote Quote  
  21. Maybe but I find it odd that some movies I would try to backup were not copying with DVDFab version 9142 but were copying with DVDFab 8 QT fine. So are you suggesting I should not use version 9142 which is what version 9136 updates to and changes from DVDFab to BluFab. I uninstalled version 9142 and reinstalled version 9136 which from experimenting with a DVD Red: Wereolf Hunter version 9136 decrypts but version 9142 does not.

Mike if you or another DVDFab Lifetimer can confirm this it'd be appreciated. I am sorry for hi-jacking the thread but I feel my post is in the appropriate thread.
    Last edited by 0zzi; 5th May 2014 at 02:54.
    Quote Quote  
  22. 9142 is what I'm using as it's currently the latest version and it does have decryption just as 9136 does. Don't know about the particular movie you are talking about, problems with it should be discussed at the DVDfab forum, they can help you out with that.

http://forum.dvdfab.cn/index.php
    Last edited by Mike89; 5th May 2014 at 02:58.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
    9142 is what I'm using as it's currently the latest version and it does have decryption just as 9136 does. Don't know about the particular movie you are talking about, problems with it should be discussed at the DVDfab forum, they can help you out with that.

http://forum.dvdfab.cn/index.php
    Thanks Mike for confirming that I updated to version 9142 and it stayed DVDFab this time and decrypted the same movie I stated in my second post successfully. But when I did the update to 9142 a few days ago it removed DVDFab 9 and replaced it with BluFab 9 and lost it's decryption looking though my logs of DVDFab it was a update server glitch that I ran into which also messed up my license I will email their support with what I found. Thanks again for your input and patience!
    Quote Quote