1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows 7 (64)
    Pinnacle Studio 15 HD Ultimate
    Q6600 Intel Core2 Quad 2.4
    Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
    MSI Platinum P-35 MoBo
    8GB DDR2 Ram

I realize this program can be quirky, ( like me posting all these questions, but I may get some answers to all these issues) but having captured many analog VHS-C tapes lately, I came across one that had these results while capturing;
    00:04:37:01 Showed 1177 DROPPED FRAMES, and later on
    00:36:15:23 4205 DROPPED FRAMES. The preview of this video while capturing was jumpy, and at times, no sound. Could be the quality of the VHS tape, which all the tapes were pretty good condition over the years. This tape was from 2003.
    I always insert the VHS-C tape and fast forward ,then rewind first, before each capture, as well as uncheck all start up programs, do not open any other windows or programs while using the Studio, just try to free up as many resources as possible.

Even before this newest capture I deleted ALL projects, auxiliary files, my disc images, and any .avi, and Mpeg videos I ever completed on this program, and wanted to start all fresh again.

I was having trouble with the capture and not responding issues a while ago, and someone from this site told me to try going to Video and Audio preferences tab, and DISABLING/UNCHECKING the ENABLE HARDWARE ACCERERATION in the VIDEO PREVIEW, and also ENABLE BACKGROUND RENDERING, in the BACKGROUND RENERDING TAB.

If this is a Windows hardware acceleration thing, how do I fix this, and do I want to un-check these two tabs in Video Preferences?

The SET CODEC AUTOMATICALLY is enabled on here.

But here's the weird thing. After I disabled the two ENABLE HARDWARE ACCERERATION, and the ENABLE BACKGROUND RENDERING, and clicked "OK", then rebooted, these two UN-checked buttons were ON again. Is this a Studio default issue, that will automatically go on if it feels it needs to?

One more thing....Even after I deleted tons of Aux, files, index files, all projects, videos from about 15 previous projects to free up valuable HD space and resources, (1) the studio program takes a while to load up, and (2) I get several "NOT RESPONDING", then the WHITE SCREEN, which prompts me to do several Boot RESTARTS, which is very frustrating.

When I'm finished with an analog capture video, it goes here to the following directory >

DOCUMENTS >
    MY DOCUMENTS >
    PINNACLE STUDIO >
    MY PROJECTS

Is this the ONLY place Studio places it's files like scn, stx, index, or auxiliary files, and should I only place these all of this in the same PINNACLE STUDIO folder ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not quite getting it but please explain your hard disk or SSD configuration.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello Rivrbyte,

Have just upgraded to Studio 15 so I can continue to use my 700-USB capture box.

Have had similar problems to you and have resolved them as follows:

- Tried these tips - http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=288371
    - Unplugged the network cable during capture.

Trial and error suggests to me that for my system at least, the fixes that made the difference are changing the USB port, unplugging USB devices not required and the key factor was to unplug the network cable. I'm thinking that this releases processor time.

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote