VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello!

I'd like to ask if there's any possibility to remove the transparent logo like below
    because I tried virtualdub then rm_logo avisynth but didn't work, thanks in advance!

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. You may try to apply inverted luminance logo on luminance plane... This can be good picture - try to isolate logo, cut it off, create alpha mask, invert/negate logo - i assume all above applications on only luminance (Y) plane.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It left blurred area instead of the logo but didn't remove it, I will try to follow the guide you linked, Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    You may try to apply inverted luminance logo on luminance plane... This can be good picture - try to isolate logo, cut it off, create alpha mask, invert/negate logo - i assume all above applications on only luminance (Y) plane.
    Thanks for your reply "Pandy" but can you show me how to do this or at least link tutorial?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Thanks so much, Jagabo!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Surprised you did not link to this one that you were a major part of - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372412-How-to-remove-transparent-watermark-from-a-video

Took me awhile but I managed to remove transparent logos pretty well, following the info in that thread.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Surprised you did not link to this one that you were a major part of - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372412-How-to-remove-transparent-watermark-from-a-video

Took me awhile but I managed to remove transparent logos pretty well, following the info in that thread.
    If you can upload the photo of your tutorial, I'll be grateful, of course if you can.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks a lot, much appreciated, Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  10. I use AviSynth's LogoTools for this. A search on this site will turn up the required filters and other information. The Shemaroo logo can be pretty much completely removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMXlhmQzflA
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LaxmiLogoBefore.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	36112  

Click image for larger version

Name:	LaxmiLogoAfter.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	36113  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I use AviSynth's LogoTools for this. A search on this site will turn up the required filters and other information. The Shemaroo logo can be pretty much completely removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMXlhmQzflA
    It's really awesome! but I couldn't remove the logo with Delogo then I tried "Logo Tools" as you showed, but AvsPmod keeps crashing because of the DLL files
    Last edited by TeNSoR; 12th Mar 2016 at 02:43.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I don't use AvsPMod and just saying it crashes tells no one anything. Is there an error message? Have you tried opening the script in VDub? And always post the complete script. If you didn't get the RAR file of all needed DLLs I recently posted in a different thread, I'll enclose it here.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, I tried to open it in VDub but gave me error message like this :

Name:	Screen2.png
Views:	347
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	36123  

Name:	Screen.png
Views:	365
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	36124  

Last edited by TeNSoR; 12th Mar 2016 at 05:40.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Your BMP also has to be converted to YUY2. You shouldn't run three different instances of NoLogo at the same time. Use one at a time and put a '#' in front of the other two so they are disabled. I would temporarily also disable all the other lines below the delogo line you're using, at least until you get a working delogo line. Also, you might have to use the LoadPluginEx2.dll, instead of the LoadPluginEx.dll. Once you get the other problems sorted out and the script still doesn't work, try switching to the other DLL.

Study the sample script I included in the package. I hope 150 is the frame number used for the BMP and that the logo is surrounded by black. If you use one of the other two at some point (NoLogoM, used correctly, will produce the best results), you'll have to adjust the crops for your logo, and the other settings as well.
    Last edited by manono; 12th Mar 2016 at 13:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Your BMP also has to be converted to YUY2. You shouldn't run three different instances of NoLogo at the same time. Use one at a time and put a '#' in front of the other two so they are disabled. I would temporarily also disable all the other lines below the delogo line you're using, at least until you get a working delogo line. Also, you might have to use the LoadPluginEx2.dll, instead of the LoadPluginEx.dll. Once you get the other problems sorted out and the script still doesn't work, try switching to the other DLL.

Study the sample script I included in the package. I hope 150 is the frame number used for the BMP and that the logo is surrounded by black. If you use one of the other two at some point (NoLogoM, used correctly, will produce the best results), you'll have to adjust the crops for your logo, and the other settings as well.
    Thanks, man! Finally I managed to remove the logo, I followed your amazing tutorial and worked very well
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Before and after :

Name:	With logo.png
Views:	423
Size:	545.1 KB
ID:	36129  

Name:	Without logo.png
Views:	465
Size:	544.5 KB
ID:	36130  

Quote Quote  
  17. Good, I'm glad it worked out for you. Quite a few of the Indian DVDs have similar logos - Friends, Eros, Shemaroo, some Ultra ones, etc. and can be removed with Logo Tools. Some have opaque ones - T-Series, most Ultra, Baba Traders sometimes, some Shemaroos, and for those opaque ones I use InpaintFunc. It mostly leaves behind a blur, but it's still better than the godawful logos, in my opinion. Not everyone agrees.

And if your DVDs are NTSC, I hope you've learned how to unblend them with SRestore. PAL DVDs of Indian films don't usually have the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Good, I'm glad it worked out for you. Quite a few of the Indian DVDs have similar logos - Friends, Eros, Shemaroo, some Ultra ones, etc. and can be removed with Logo Tools. Some have opaque ones - T-Series, most Ultra, Baba Traders sometimes, some Shemaroos, and for those opaque ones I use InpaintFunc. It mostly leaves behind a blur, but it's still better than the godawful logos, in my opinion. Not everyone agrees.

And if your DVDs are NTSC, I hope you've learned how to unblend them with SRestore. PAL DVDs of Indian films don't usually have the problem.
    Thanks, manono You're absolutely right msot of the indian DVDs full of logos, InpaintFunc is awesome but so slow.About SRestore NTSC DVDs I rip it on 23.976 not 25, I rip PAL DVDS on 25 as usual, I use now x264 CLI to encode all my DVDs, Is there's any other program you advise me to use it? I know there's HCEnc but didn't find tutorial for beginners.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I would need to remove logo from http://www.movtex.net Logo is not transparent...Any good software? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    About SRestore NTSC DVDs I rip it on 23.976 not 25...
    That's a little bit unclear since 'rip' just means the act of putting the DVD onto the hard drive. Do you, maybe, have an AviSynth script for one of your NTSC DVDs encoded at 23.976fps?
    I use now x264 CLI to encode all my DVDs, Is there's any other program you advise me to use it? I know there's HCEnc but didn't find tutorial for beginners.
    Again, unclear, since x264 is for MP4/MKV use and HCEnc is for MPEG-2, usually for use in DVDs. There's nothing wrong with using the x264 CLI and on the HCEnc page are several guides for its use.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    ....and for those opaque ones I use InpaintFunc. It mostly leaves behind a blur, but it's still better than the godawful logos, in my opinion. Not everyone agrees.
    Have you played with Rm logo much? I ask, as I was experimenting with it today and my first impression is I prefer it to InPaintFunc at times.

Not that I'm certain I understand how either work exactly, but the advantage of InPaintFunc seems to be it's pretty forgiving..... there's no need to analyse only the sections of the source which contain the logo (I've been analysing the whole video including sections without it) and InPaintFunc seems to cope better when a logo changes. For example I removed a logo today which had text above it advertising another TV show but the text changed from time to time, so I created a logo mask where the whole text area was white and InPaintFunc repainted that area as it normally would even when the text changed.

RM_Logo seems to require analysing only the sections of the source that contain the logo otherwise it won't work, and it seems necessary to adjust the AlphaToRepair option for each video, although that can be done after the analysis. I'm pretty sure it takes longer to analyse the source but it's definitely faster at doing it's thing after the analysis, which improves encoding speed.

There's a similar "wobble" where the logo was removed if the image behind it is moving, although it's generally not as bad, and so far RM_Logo seems to be better where the image is stationary. To make the comparison fair I used Trim so only frames 12000 to 20000 were used for the analysis each time. Frame 17209 is used for the screenshots. I used the same bitmap for the logo mask each time.

Original:

Name:	original.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	36169

InPaintFunc(mask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="420,276,-104,-16", speed=20, mode="InPaint", ppmode=3)

Name:	InPaintFunc.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	36170

InPaintFunc(mask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="420,276,-104,-16", speed=20, mode="InPaint", ppmode=2, pp=0)

Name:	InPaintFunc1.jpg
Views:	367
ID:	36176

rm_logo(logomask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="br", cutwidth=420, cutheight=276, mode="InPaint", percent=100, AlphaToRepair=190, pp=1)

Name:	RM_Logo.jpg
Views:	362
ID:	36171

Camera Pan, original:
    Name:  o1.jpg
Views: 2002
Size:  2.7 KB

InPaintFunc(mask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="420,276,-104,-16", speed=20, mode="Inpaint", ppmode=2, pp=25)
    Name:  ip1.jpg
Views: 2116

rm_logo(logomask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="br", cutwidth=420, cutheight=276, mode="InPaint", percent=100, AlphaToRepair=190, pp=1)
    Name:  rm1.jpg
Views: 1965
Size:  2.6 KB

If someone could explain this I'd be grateful as I'm too silly to understand it.
    Same scripts as above. There's text above the main logo but for this video it only appears for a few of minutes in a couple of places, so I didn't bother trying to remove it. If you look at the InPaintFunc screenshot the text was apparently used for painting the logo area, but for the RM_Logo screenshot it wasn't. That's a good thing.... but I don't quite understand why.

Original:

Name:	original2.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	36172

InPaintFunc(mask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="420,276,-104,-16", speed=20, mode="Inpaint", ppmode=3)

Name:	InPaintFunc2.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	36173

Name:	RM_Logo2.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	36174
    Last edited by hello_hello; 14th Mar 2016 at 15:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wow! that's fantastic! I will try InPaintFunc for sure although it's so slow in my computer Nice job! friend
    Quote Quote  
  23. I've been using InPaintFunc a bit myself, but it's RM Logo I've been playing with the last few days and now I've managed to get it to work, I think I'm preferring it. There'll be times when InPaintFunct will probably be easier to set up, but when it comes to movement behind the logo, Rm Logo seems to do a little better in the "don't put wobbly stuff where the logo used to be" department.
    It's still there. It just doesn't stand out as much.

Name:  or1.jpg
Views: 2002
Size:  2.8 KB

InPaintFunc(mask="D:\0601.bmp", loc="420,276,-104,-16", mode="InPaint", Speed=20, ppmode=0)

Name:  ip.jpg
Views: 1946
Size:  2.8 KB

rm_logo(logomask="D:\0601.bmp", loc="br", cutwidth=420, cutheight=276, mode="InPaint", percent=100, AlphaToRepair=185, pp=1)

Name:  rm1.jpg
Views: 1970
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This is great! can I ask how could you adjust "cutwidth" and "cutheight"?

Name:	1.png
Views:	196
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	36193  

Quote Quote  
  25. It seems cutwidth=420 and cutheight=276 from my previous RM Logo scripts wouldn't have been what I used for those samples. Not that it makes a difference to the outcome. I guess that's what I get for copying and pasting.

I'm pretty sure if you set loc="br" the width is from the right side and the height is from the bottom. I just draw a square around the logo down to the bottom left corner using Irfanview and it displays the dimensions in the title bar.

Like this..... so I think cutwidth=204 and cutheight=80 would do it. If you add Debug=True to RM Logo's options and open the script in a media player you'll be able to check the logo isn't being cut off, and it's also useful for adjusting the AlphaToRepair setting after RM Logo has run an analysis. InPaintFunc has a similar option, Show=True

Name:	Irfanview.gif
Views:	2491
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	36197

For InPaintFunc you can specify the logo area more exactly, but it's in a format where it's the distance from the left, top, right and bottom, and the area specified must be mod4 (100x56 in the example below). I'm not sure if the mod4 limitation applies to RM Logo. There may be an easier way to work it out, but I just draw a square around the logo and use a calculator.

The image is 624x352.

624 - 420 - 100 = 104
    352 - 276 - 56 = 20

So you end up with:

loc="420,276,-104,-20"

Every time I have to work it out I think I should try to find an easier way.

Name:	Irfanview2.gif
Views:	2246
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	36198
    Last edited by hello_hello; 15th Mar 2016 at 13:26.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    It seems cutwidth=420 and cutheight=276 from my previous RM Logo scripts wouldn't have been what I used for those samples. Not that it makes a difference to the outcome. I guess that's what I get for copying and pasting.

I'm pretty sure if you set loc="br" the width is from the right side and the height is from the bottom. I just draw a square around the logo down to the bottom left corner using Irfanview and it displays the dimensions in the title bar.

Like this..... so I think cutwidth=204 and cutheight=80 would do it. If you add Debug=True to RM Logo's options and open the script in a media player you'll be able to check the logo isn't being cut off, and it's also useful for adjusting the AlphaToRepair setting after RM Logo has run an analysis. InPaintFunc has a similar option, Show=True

[Attachment 36197 - Click to enlarge]

For InPaintFunc you can specify the logo area more exactly, but it's in a format where it's the distance from the left, top, right and bottom, and the area specified must be mod4 (100x56 in the example below). I'm not sure if the mod4 limitation applies to RM Logo. There may be an easier way to work it out, but I just draw a square around the logo and use a calculator.

The image is 624x352.

624 - 420 - 100 = 104
    352 - 276 - 56 = 20

So you end up with:

loc="420,276,-104,-20"

Every time I have to work it out I think I should try to find an easier way.

[Attachment 36198 - Click to enlarge]
    Awesome! I should try this!
    Quote Quote