VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone, I have::

Win 10 x64
    MPC-BE 1.5.5 build 5274
    LAVFilters-0.74.1-x64

I disabled all filters in MBC-BE's Internal Filters' Source Filters, Video Decoders and Audio Decoders.

Then in External Filters, I added LAV Splitter, LAV Video Decoder and LAV Audio Decoder.

Problem is, when I am playing any video file, subtitles are not rendering. The list of subtitles shows up just fine, but nothing renders.
    I tried uninstalling LAV Filters and then subtitles work just fine.
    What can I do do show subtitles with LAV Filters?

Here's a screenshot of subtitles list showing correctly, but they are not rendering

Quote Quote  
  2. Make sure that in LAV Splitter's settings "Deliver only Forced Subtitles" is NOT ticked.
    What are subtitle (Options->Subtitles) and video (Options->Video) renderer set to? Try "internal subtitle renderer" + "Enhanced Video renderer (custom presenter)" respectively.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Make sure that in LAV Splitter's settings "Deliver only Forced Subtitles" is NOT ticked.
    What are subtitle (Options->Subtitles) and video (Options->Video) renderer set to? Try "internal subtitle renderer" + "Enhanced Video renderer (custom presenter)" respectively.
    Yes, "Deliver only Forced Subtitles" is not ticked.

Subtitles renderer was set to "XySubFilter" which I had installed but subtitles didn't rendered, so I uninstalled it but forgot to set back the Subtitle renderer to "internal subtitle renderer", it works now after I did it.

Thanks for the help!

Is XySubFilter outdated? Why didn't it work?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not 100% sure but I think that XySubFilter's interface is not compatible with the Enhanced Video Renderer, only madVR and "MPC Video Renderer". On top of that XySubFilter's development is stalled. I would recommend sticking to MPC-BE's internal subtitle renderer unless you have a very specific reason not to.
    Quote Quote