VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to determine the best Audio track selection and settings to use in DVD2SVCD. For selecting which track, would it be better to use the 6-channel or the 2-channel? I am using a receiver with ProLogic, digital coaxial hookup. I still want as much 'surround' as possible. I didnt know if I should select the 6-channel and let the program convert it, or if the 2-channel has the surround in it and would encode quicker. Also, in the Audio tab, is the default 'Stereo' mode the best setting for me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Depends. Some so called ac3 6 track surround files are just plain stereo. In most modern movie transfers, however, the ac3 is often the best
    if not only choice.

DVD2SVCD does not support surround sound, unless you check
    mpeg 5.1. and use I-Author. You can get dolby surround (not digital)
    to work if you do it yourself - check the how to guides. Using either
    stereo, joint stereo or dual channel, eliminates "surround" under DVD2SVCD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, I've been grabbing the 'default' 6-channel track, but I just read others posts saying they use the 2-channel. I'll try both and see if I can tell a difference.

I am interested in learning more about getting surround in SVCD. I assume you mean ProLogic, is that right? (Sorry I'm very new to learning audio). I have not yet found the guides on doing-it-myself, if someone could explain it to me I've very much appreciate it. I read one post that said DVD2SVCD's default audio encoder actually makes MPG1 audio, so is it just a matter of directing it to a different encoder?
    Quote Quote