VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy
    I’ve been recording some TV shows, using Panasonic DVD recorder, but last week had to replace the DVD recorder (broke). Problem is I couldn’t finalize the disc, with the previous DVD recorder, and now when I try finalizing with the new DVD recorder it doesn’t read the content, so cannot finalize it. Does anybody know how I could extract the video clips from the non-finalized disc?
    Please help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ISOBuster can usually help. Don't know of a free alternative.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never finalize my DVDs in the recorder (mainly because I use DVD RWs) and I use VOB2MPEG to extract the video. Only problem I've had is that my recorder records everything to a single VOB set so I have to use MPEG-VCR to cut it up but that's not a problem (since I remove adverts etc at the same time).

Unless I'm unique I'd expect any PC DVD drive to read you DVD finalized or not.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    ISOBuster can usually help. Don't know of a free alternative.
    Tried IsoBuster but not much luck (I was using the free version),
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
    I never finalize my DVDs in the recorder (mainly because I use DVD RWs) and I use VOB2MPEG to extract the video. Only problem I've had is that my recorder records everything to a single VOB set so I have to use MPEG-VCR to cut it up but that's not a problem (since I remove adverts etc at the same time).

Unless I'm unique I'd expect any PC DVD drive to read you DVD finalized or not.
    Really?, I tried numerous softwares and non of them can even read the content in the disc. Continuously get the message cannot access the drive. I just found this software CD/DVD Diagnostic, looks promising, hopefully be able to extract the video clips from the disc.
    Quote Quote