VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have recently discovered that I was able to bypass the Cinavia protection using a simple USB-Thumbdrive in my standalone Bluray player.
    I copied the movie that I own onto a USB-Thumbdrive only to test how and if it would play. I discovered that the movie actually played fine
    all the way to the end without activating the Cinavia detection mechanism in the player. (The movie was released not too long ago by the way.)

I simply cloned the movie including the Cinavia protection from the Bluray to my HDD - I then converted it to MKV and saved it to the USB-Thumbdrive
    with subtitles. I inserted the Thumbdrive in the Standalone Player, and it played fine without ever activating Cinavia. - Perhaps this workaround is "old news"
    to some of you guys? Perhaps I was just lucky to get it to work? - I only tested this with one movie, so perhaps it needs to be tested with other standalone players? - (I used the CineEx software tool to check if Cinavia was present in the MKV before copying it to the USB-Thumbdrive, and it was.)

My Standalone Bluray Player is an older model, a "Philips Bluray Player BPD-2110"

/ToadMonster
    Last edited by ToadMonster; 13th Apr 2019 at 04:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Old news indeed. Virtually all media players are immune to Cinavia. I have my entire collection of DVD's and Blu ray discs on my NAS. Play ack via a variety of media players.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ToadMonster View Post
    I have recently discovered that I was able to bypass the Cinavia protection using a simple USB-Thumbdrive in my hardware Bluray player.
    I copied the movie that I own onto a USB-Thumbdrive only to test how and if it would play. I discovered that the movie actually played fine all the way to the end without activating the Cinavia detection mechanism in the player. The movie was released not too long ago by the way. yer BPD-2110
    Stand-alone media players that lack the ability to play Blu-ray discs are a more reliable option for playing Blu-ray derived media files from USB storage. I've seen posts here from some members indicating that their Blu-ray disc player's built-in media player does look for Cinavia.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    This does not work for me on my Samsung Blu-ray player. Cinavia is still activated.
    Quote Quote