VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

Trying to encode subs in mkv file via MeGUI.
    I searched since end of the afternoon but I can't find why it's not working.

So it basically says "There is no function named 'GradFun3', and when I import the avsi files it says "There is no function named 'Dither_bilateral16'" in dither.avsi
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-13_003506.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	34797

Mind to help me? I'm going crazy..

Win10, MeGUI 2624, Avisynth+ and all plugins up to date in Avisynth plugins folder.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is MeGUI set to use the "installed" Avisynth+ or it's own portable version (which is currently Avisynth 2.6.0.6)?

It might be an issue with the auto-load plugins folder. Avisynth+ should check the standard Avisynth auto-loading plugins folder as well as it's own plugins folder, whereas I don't think Avisynth will check the Avisynth+ plugins folder.
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B#AviSynth.2B.27s_Plugin_Autoloader

If it's checked, try unchecking "always use the included Avisynth" in MeGUI's options so MeGUI will use Avisynth+.

So it basically says "There is no function named 'GradFun3', and when I import the avsi files it says "There is no function named 'Dither_bilateral16'" in dither.avsi
    It sounds like dither.avsi isn't being auto-loaded and when you load it manually it doesn't work because dither.dll isn't being loaded.

Personally, I think it's generally a good idea to install the same version of Avisynth as MeGUI uses as it's portable Avisynth as it helps avoid these types of issues. Assuming that's the problem.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, it seems to need either Win32 or 64 versions of the Dither.dll, as well as an avstp.dll if using Win32. If not working by autoloading, I'd try loading everything with LoadPlugin and Import lines.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello, thanks for the replies. MeGUI is set to use the external existing Avisynth.
    I have AviSynth+ 0.1 (r1576) x86 (version 2.6.0.5) installed (downloaded from the official website).

Already tried to load manually the plugins in the script (+ import avsi files) but got the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Maybe post the whole script with the plugins being loaded in case you're missing something obvious. If they're all in the Avisynth plugins folder, they should auto-load, but does Avisynth+ support auto-loading of plugins from sub-directories of the plugins folder? I can't remember, although I'm fairly sure the standard Avisynth doesn't (I didn't notice you appear to be using subfolders until now).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes I use subfolders, whether it autoloads or I point the plugins in the script, the problem remains the same.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here's the script.
    # AviSynth+ #

Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\dither-1.27.1\dither.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\dither-1.27.1\mt_xxpand_multi.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins\gradfun2db\GradFun2DBmod.v 1.5.avsi")

clip = DirectShowSource("C:\Users\me\Desktop\file.mkv", fps=23.976, audio=false, convertfps=true).AssumeFPS(24000,1001).converttoyv 12()

clip = GradFun3 (clip,thr=0.3, elast=2, thr_det=4, smode=2)

clip = clip.RemoveGrain()

clip = clip.Tweak(0, 1.15, 0.0, 1)

clip = undot (clip)

Clip = clip.blur(-0.15)

clip = FieldDeinterlace(clip)

clip = clip.Convolution3D(preset="animeHQ")

clip = aWarpSharp (clip,16.0,1,0.5,1)

clip = clip.TextSubMod("C:\Users\me\Desktop\text.ass")
    clip = clip.TextSubMod("C:\Users\me\Desktop\text2.ass")
    clip = clip.TextSubMod("C:\Users\me\Desktop\text3.ass")
    clip = clip.TextSubMod("C:\Users\me\Desktop\text4.ass")

return clip
    Plugins list:

Name:	plugins.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	34825
    Quote Quote  
  8. I don't see any LoadPlugin lines for the DLLs. And why deinterlace with a poor deinterlacer? If it's an anime it almost certainly doesn't need deinterlacing. Phase-shifting, maybe, unblending, maybe, but not deinterlacing. A short 10-second sample might be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I removed the LoadPlugin lines as they are autoloaded. Yup it's an anime.

Yeah thanks, I need to edit the script to make it work better. It's made for TV-RIP raws.

Do you know the correct settings for a Blu-Ray source encoding?

EDIT : NO ERROR now, I don't know what was messing with the process. But still, the preview screen is not good.

Name:	2015-12-13_213153.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	34826
    Last edited by bel57; 13th Dec 2015 at 14:31.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by bel57 View Post
    Do you know the correct settings for a Blu-Ray source encoding?
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    A short 10-second sample might be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hardly what I suggested. When one asks for a sample it usually means a sample from the source, not something reencoded by YouTube. This isn't from a Blu-Ray anyway, is it? Your script refers to an MKV. Did you repackage the Blu-Ray as an MKV or is this downloaded from somewhere?

Blu-Rays don't ordinarily need filtering, and not all the filtering you're doing. Deinterlacing is very destructive of a progressive source and your script looks like something you found somewhere and decided to use, whether or not the video needed it.

You asked for the correct settings for a Blu-Ray encode but any answers depend on what the final output is to be. Are you just making another MKV with hard-coded subs added in? You could just mux the subs and avoid any reencoding at all. Plus, many encoders have default setting which are perfectly good. Maybe someone else will have better answers.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sorry m_( _ _ )_m

The goal is to hardsub the file by incrusting 4 ass files (kara opening, logo, dialogue, kara ending).
    Encoding presets : SD (864x480, XviD mp3, bitrate 1400, 250 Mb)
    HD (1280x720, x264 aac, bitrate 1900, 350 Mb)
    FHD (1920x1080, x264 aac, bitrate 2700, 500 Mb)

Raw file details :
    Complete name : C:\Users\me\Desktop\RAW.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 1.61 GiB
    Duration : 23mn 32s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 9 814 Kbps
    Movie name : RAW
    Encoded date : UTC 2012-12-14 18:28:57
    Writing application : mkvmerge v5.0.1 ('Es ist Sommer') built on Nov 21 2012 00:36:52
    Writing library : libebml v1.2.2 + libmatroska v1.3.0

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Muxing mode : Header stripping
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Writing library : x264 core 120
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-2:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.70:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=16 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=9 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=16.0 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=20 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : FLAC
    Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
    Codec ID : A_FLAC
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Writing library : Lavf53.32.100
    Language : Japanese
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Last edited by bel57; 14th Dec 2015 at 03:18.
    Quote Quote  
  13. So it's not from a Blu-Ray but a reencoded and downloaded source.

The encoder settings are listed in what you provided. You could just duplicate them if you like. I'll leave it to my betters to decide if they're optimal for your anime 'source'. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks for your help. You may know what is the problem with MeGUI and Avisynth? Compared to the source, the encoded version (even with no filters activated) is too dark and there are some artefacts on the picture... I'll continue to investigate.
    Quote Quote