VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just started burning over my VHS tapes to DVD. I did a test burn yesterday to make sure I knew what I was doing and had all my settings correct.

Tonight, I burned two VHS tapes that contained hockey games from seven years ago. The quality of the picture on the VHS tape was so-so as I recorded it way back when in SLP mode. I set the DVD recorder to LP tonight and burned each game. They actually came out BETTER than what was on the VHS tapes!!! I could not believe it! The picture is clearer and the sound better even with LP mode recording at 2.2 frames per second or whatever that setting is! I'm stunned!

Those of you looking for a recorder, check out this Toshiba! Amazon has them right now for $257 with free shipping!!

I also used ProDisc 4x DVD-R to record on.

Man am I a happy camper now! I was really worried none of this would work out the way I wanted. It was all for not!

Thanks to everyone who helped answer the few questions I had the past few days. It was greatly appreciated!

Kenny
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is it true this burner has problems with channels like HBO ?

Thanks

Kenmo

PS: With a NHL strike I guess you are NOW going to enjoy those hockey DVDs...
    Quote Quote