VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I build myself a New HTPC, and I’m looking to buy a good multiple satellite tv tuner with PCIe card, my dish is install with two lnb. My OS is Windows 10, so it got to be compatible, I check a couple of them, like Hauppauge, but seem to be hard to decide, since of them are not compatible yet with Win10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sure hope you intend on getting a motor if you are looking at ku band or c band, ka is not doable (rare cases dish and direct are in the clear) in sat dvbs2. even as far as that goes ku has relatively little to get now days either barring a wild feed of a tv show here and there. tbs offers supposed win 10 drivers, I would suggest a stb and a capture card (or even a dvb) since a tuner card will have trouble running a motor without an external power source such as an old stb with updated DISEQC commands for ku and a converter for c band or a separate c band old receiver with updated sat positions.
    Last edited by the_man_one; 19th Feb 2020 at 16:51.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your reply

I don’t need a motor, cause I will aim my dish to only one ku sat, I already on a Stb with provider, but would like to use my htpc, since I would have everything in the same box, watch tv, browse internet, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I got to mention my stb is a fta receiver!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hum, which provider may I ask? and which sat? ku needs at least a 3 ft (optimal) dish to get all transponders. also which fta receiver you using?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sat 82&91, you can use either Sonicview hd8000, dreamliink t5, and there a couple other. For provider, I think we not suppose to talk about does thing in here, sorry, I think it’s part of the rules!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, just to let you know those are ka sats, they are for bev (bell express view) and no longer have a footprint for the usa, they also have 9 degrees of separation and are "small dish" usable, they also use nagravision encryption. I sent you a private message
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok, thanks to remind me about ku and ka differences. I am from Canada, so a small dish is ok, since with a fta receiver and a iks provider we can get sat 82&91 no problem, I thought putting a multi tv tuner PCIe card in my htpc and inputting my iks provider info I could get tv like on fta receiver.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sent a message to you, you need to reply I can help you out right quick
    Quote Quote