VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sonic MyDVD came with my Dell notebook (Inspiron 8600) but I've never used it. This may be cause for trying it out. Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not all versions could do it. I think AC3 started around version 5.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am also in the market for a DVD Recorder. The model mentioned earlier sounds like it will fit my needs (Pioneer DVR-220S Progressive Scan DVD Recorder), but I have one question...
    Since it does not have a hard drive... how will I record anything? Will I need to get a hard drive for it? Can it store anything without a hard drive?
    I'm a little confused there. Thank you for your help.

Andy
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Deku Scrub
    Since it does not have a hard drive... how will I record anything? Will I need to get a hard drive for it? Can it store anything without a hard drive?
    You can record directly to recordable DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have a Pioneer 520 and a JVC MH30 (beware of JVC quality control issues). I prefer the Pioneer, as it is easier to use, as far as functionality, menus, remote & disk operations. MUCH better than JVC, which I regard as kinda quirky and not always user friendly. Love the picture of the JVC, tho & hopefully I will get it back from the facrory service center soon (yeah after only 3 months of use)

Knowing what I do now, if I were in the market for a DVD Rec, it would be the Pioneer line. 220 would do the trick for original poster.

EDIT: Got my JVC back a few hours after making this post. The JVC service center replaced the power sub-assembly or some such device and seems to be working again. I will try a long capture soon to see if the problem is really fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by tluxon
    "Well, I decided to open up the box and setup the LiteOn 5005.......I didn't see any of the problems that others had reported, so maybe I got a "good one."
    Would you mind posting the manufacturing date of your LiteOn 5005?
    I have one with a hum in the tuner and a loud static noise in the front inputs, so maybe I'll wait returning it till I see one that has the same date as yours, and it'll be hopefuly problem-free as well. Thanks *-tac7
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The serial number label says the manufactured date was January 2005.
    Quote Quote  
  8. "The serial number label says the manufactured date was January 2005."

Thanks, tac7
    Quote Quote  
  9. tluxon,

Check and see if your tv tuner has a hum. If so, you may want to connect your TV via RCA cables. I had two 5005s both had the hum even with firmware upgrades.The TV picture looked bleached out and faded.

After a month or so both started to record strobe-like video. Also both paused during DVD playback. One locked up and had to be unplugged and reset. Both were returned to the store.

HANG ON TO YOUR RECEIPT

Goodluck.
    Quote Quote