VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does it have to be PC capture cards?

Is there not something like a satellite TV box out there?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My Hauppauge PVR-350 and Hauppauge USB-Live2 could both easily capture game footage. Of course I'd need to read the instructions first. I'd need to figure out (on my own) which recording codec would best suit my needs since I'd be editing the footage later....some recording codecs are MUCH easier to edit than others(like mpeg2)....and with free software as well(AviDemux)....and with ZERO quality loss after editing.
    For example I just captured a music video with my Hauppauge USB-Live2, then replaced the audio on the video with audio from the CD...ZERO quality loss to the video...all with a Hauppauge USB-Live2 and AviDemux.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by exbngr View Post
    Does it have to be PC capture cards?

Is there not something like a satellite TV box out there?
    If you want to record in high definition, a computer almost has to be part of the picture. I have seen a couple of HD capture devices that record to an HDD or SSD without being connected to a computer, but a computer is necessary to work with the recordings.

There probably isn't any satellite TV box available in the UK that can record in high definition from a component input or HDMI input. The HD satellite and TV set top recorders I have looked at online can record the output from their tuner, or the input from standard definition video and audio connections. Unless they are equipped with an optical drive, there is no way to export recordings from the hard drive, and most even encrypt the recordings on their hard drive to make things even more difficult.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've been told this is actually a discontinued model, but this has piqued my curiosity a few times over the past month or so....before I found a way to get my USB-Live2 to record PAL60.
    http://www.emtec-international.com/en-eu/S800H_Movie_Cube
    Quote Quote