VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    i was ripping a DVD with DVD Decrypter (newest version). when i watched the ripped movie i noticed that there is a kind of subtitle missing. i don't mean the regular subtitle witch reads the hole movie. It's just that sometimes in some movies there are people talking in another language and these parts are originaly translated in a subtitle. I only need these subtitles but i don't know how to get them.
    Here's a picture of my DVD Decrypter settings:
    https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1055564/Allgemein.JPG
    By the way: I just need the "Deutsch" Subtitles but there are two kinds of them. What should i do?
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That problem has came up before when there are secondary subs. Maybe in the Star Trek movies with Klingon language subs. But I don't remember where those subs were buried. I don't think they were with the other regular subs.

DVD Decrypter is a very old software ripper, though it still works with some DVDs. You might try DVDFab HD Decrypter and see if that works any better. Or someone here may remember how those types of subs are stored in a DVD.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The subs are stored as forced subs in a another stream,this link will give you more details how to extract just the subs you want.
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/forcedsubs.htm
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As far as i understand the doom9 link, i don't have to rip the hole movie again, right? i only have to rip the froced subtitles from the original DVD and put them to the ripped movie?
    Quote Quote